Bar Groove Cleaning Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Twinkle had a dirty time this week, so I thought I'd better do some work on her. I couldn't find my Safeway Club Card to clean the groove thing out on the bar, so I devised this. It worked pretty well. Perhaps a patent should be obtained?

attachment.php

I don't know if this is common knowledge but the tensioner plate works real good. I don't know if that is the right name of the little plate between the bar and the chain tension mechanism.

I use the butt end of a sawzall (sp) blade. But , heck if a beer can is handy and empty, why not use the pop top.
Bill

when i clean my bars i like to use a hacksaw blade the blade by itself or the bottom of a broken blade wrapped in electrical tape. i can use it over and over and i can use it to cut if the need arises.

I use a large paper clip. Its easily bent to whatever shape that works, and serves multiple purposes, like for fishing fuel lines and filters out of the tank, digging sawdust out of fastener heads, etc.

A little kerosene and compressed air at home. In the field- a tooth brush (that way you can kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak. Also, my broken tools I keep for myself. I guess I should invent a tool for bar flossing.

I thought I saw a tape on your side in one of those pictures. Use your spencer tape nail. Always at your side, never loose it.

Multi Tool from Bailey's

This handy tool can be used to file rakers and has a bar cleaning end. One is thicker than the other so that you can clean .050 and .063 gauge. It allows you to really get in and clean out the impacted grunge in the bar groove.

JQ
15225_L.jpg

Latest posts

Back