Bar help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WESCOMAN

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am planning on getting my son a Husqvarna 372 with a 24" bar. He will be cutting Pine, Cedar and Mohagany. He will be starting a fire wood buisness next summer. (Student summer job) The trees are not very big here so a 24" bar will be plenty. My question is what bar and chain would you get. I want something that will last him a long time and will be the best for his application. Price is not a factor as long as what I get him lasts. The whole package (Power head Bar and Chains) will be a gift. Thanks for any advice.

I would get him a Stihl Chisel chain....non safety. Is he an experienced saw user? Thats a lot of saw for a new user.

Whats your name mean? I am hoping it refers to the best boot co. in the world!

Wescoman was my nick name in Pole climbing school. I work for the phone company. Years ago when I went to the pole climbing scholl the instructor had a habit of giving his studentds nick names. Since I had Wesco boots he dubbed me Wescoman.

No hes not a real experienced saw man. Niether am I for that matter. I just want to get him something that is professional quality and will last a long time. I am open to any suggestions.

Back