Bar Mount Questions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DOO9 is 9.0 mm. The D196 is 9.5mm. 2083 uses a DOO9.
I'm suprised the OP is finding more 196 bars than 009 though.

As far as the original question I don't know how the .5mm would affect the saw. I usually open up 9mm bars to 9.5mm for the older Jreds.

Hence why you find many older Jonsereds with the S-clip bar adapter on them.........had to find a way to use up all the existing bars in the larger mount pattern.

I always back the tension screw off after I tighten the bar up. I see what you are talking about, but I don't think it would be a big problem with a proper hand. .

Just annoying, not a big problem - but in this case it can easily be avoided, as he hasn't bought the bar yet.

Btw, the D024 is 10mm, and will result in more slack on D009 bolts than the D196 will.

Another little issue with the D096/196 is that they sometimes come in dl counts that are no longer standard - like 70dl in 20" 3/8.....

Last edited:
Just annoying, not a big problem - but in this case it can easily be avoided, as he hasn't bought the bar yet.

Btw, the D024 is 10mm, and will result in more slack on D009 bolts than the D196 will.

Another little issue with the D096/196 is that they sometimes come in dl counts that are no longer standard - like 70dl in 20" 3/8.....

Yes and even though a 70DL is not really considered not standard here, mounting a D096 bar may require a real oddball 71 dl chain on the Jred.

Well after reading all of that i think you guys make a valid point. I took a little more time looking around and found a bar on discount at baileys and i will be going that way. Its the right mount and only $20 more and that way i get that nice warm fuzzy feeling at night knowing my jonny is happy with its new bar.:D Thanks for all the input guys.

Back