Bar Nuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why, with my 2159 I need to lean on the scrench a bit or else they come loose. Never had a problem with the older saws.

Getting screnched in the nuts sounds like something for Funniest Home Videos or YouTube.

For a 038 , 3003 mount bar the owners manual merely says "snug".

The shop manual has no mention of the torque for the nuts but gives 17 ft/lbs for the studs.

So my best guess is 12-15 ft/lbs, that wont strip out the studs and will be plenty tight.

I was a mechanic and have run saws for almost 40 years, "snug" to me is about the torque mentioned above.

And as mentioned in a previous post, putting your thumb on the barrel of a scrench and giving a good twist will get the job done. Won't be too loose unless you are a weak sister , and won't strip things unless you are a gorilla,

i don't like the idea of a big wench twisting my nuts till my stud strips
might need a little yamabond to keep my nuts in place after that
screws on the other hand should be tight, no one likes a loose screw
locktite is not a good idea, once you get it in you may not beable to get it out
those self taping screws need a little lube and it goes right in
be carefull not to twist the head off, you might have to do a little drilling and taping
my now father inlaw has a thing called instent out
he came home early one day , and the screw was instently out

i don't like the idea of a big wench twisting my nuts till my stud strips
might need a little yamabond to keep my nuts in place after that
screws on the other hand should be tight, no one likes a loose screw
locktite is not a good idea, once you get it in you may not beable to get it out
those self taping screws need a little lube and it goes right in
be carefull not to twist the head off, you might have to do a little drilling and taping
my now father inlaw has a thing called instent out
he came home early one day , and the screw was instently out

You sure do seem to have a wealth of knowledge on studs and nuts!:msp_thumbsup::rock::msp_confused::msp_unsure:

What's the difference between Beer Nuts and deer nuts?

Beer Nuts are $2.50 a can, deer nuts are under a buck.

coo, coo, coo :jester:

I learned not to follow Dad's example when tightening anything. Learned by trying to undo some of his work. "As tight as it will go plus 1/2 turn".

Harry K

That's the Old school my Dad went to back when things were made steel tuff. When it was time to change whatever he bolted on, you better have good wrenches.

Do any of you have problems with your nuts falling off? I can honestly say I have never lost a nut but I did strip one. If you strip a nut you can often times booger up your stud. One time I was out in the woods with another guy and he lost a nut. Can you believe I found it. Hard to find your nuts when there laying in the dirt getting covered with dust. OK I'll stop now.

Do any of you have problems with your nuts falling off? I can honestly say I have never lost a nut but I did strip one. If you strip a nut you can often times booger up your stud. One time I was out in the woods with another guy and he lost a nut. Can you believe I found it. Hard to find your nuts when there laying in the dirt getting covered with dust. OK I'll stop now.

might be better to have sarah handle your nuts if you are concerned about them :laugh:

sorry, but I know you been waiting for two days for somebody to take the bait :)

Latest posts

Back