Bar oil can

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the 1 quart motor oil containers leftover from changing the oil in my car/truck. I've got about 8 of them in rotation right now. I just transfer my B/C oil into those. In addition to being easier to pour, and less prone to spills, they fit better in my long milk crates with my 1 gallon gas cans. I also like that they're normally a color (red/blue...) that is easy to see on the ground in my environment; less chance of leaving them in the field.

Laundry detergent bottles are the least messy 1 gallon containers I have used. Bar oil smells pretty good too.

I have one of these. Works good. Take the hose off it screws right on the jug and opens/closes with a twist. Not sure what brand name is. Works on quart and gallon jugs.

02ba3ec47821e15a8fba09d7e77f6158.jpg
I use these too. Take the hose off (or not), twist 1/4 turn to open, fill, 1/4 turn to close, done. No spilling

If you are in area's where cycle racing takes place, the drinks/water bottles that the riders throw to the roadside when empty make good bar oil dispenser's ,can be purchased cheap at cycle stores or the likes of wally world, they have a push/pull sealing caps

Back