Bar Sprocket Greasing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but greasing is a waste of time. I've been an arborist for 35 years. Haven't greased a tip in at least 30.....seldom do tips fail.....

in fact many bars don't even have grease holes.

Even my 42 inch bars get enough lube from bar oil.

This is exactly what I do. I also using a piston stop grease the needle bearings weekly during cutting season. Never hurts to keep your tools clean and lubed.

why, do you let your saws idle a lot? That's the only time the bearing turns.....

Two refreshing posts by rbtree above - I stopped greasing the bar tips a few years ago, and that clutch bearing doesn't need much grease.......:)

grease is so bloody cheap, go ahead and pump that sucker until globs of grease come out.

i was told if your gonna grease it do it all the time but if you plan on greasing here and there its best not to

Sorry, but greasing is a waste of time. I've been an arborist for 35 years. Haven't greased a tip in at least 30.....seldom do tips fail.....

in fact many bars don't even have grease holes.

Even my 42 inch bars get enough lube from bar oil.

I agree! big wast of time! Save that grease for your buddy's door handle when you see him in your secret "wood getten" spot:)

Never greased a bar tip in my life, never had one fail either.

Every now and then i will give the clutch bearing a shot of grease, if i remember.

Good thread.

This must come as crushing bad news for you "grease it regularly" guys. How will you live yourself after you realize how much time and money you have lost with all those wasted greasing efforts?

Me? Never greased yet. That's what bar oil is for,

Back