Bark Damage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

live_oak

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here - and am glad to have found a site like this...!

I am having a new house built - and noticed that when the builder was thinning out a small area of trees in front, one of the Live Oaks was bumped with the Bobcat that was doing the work.

The bark on the tree is damaged. Is there anything that can do about this to protect the tree? It just happened over the weekend - so I'd like to do anything I can as quickly as possible to prevent long term damage. This is a really nice tree!

tree_1.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... :)

You need a certified arborist on site. The bark damage is severe, :angry2: the root damage is no doubt severe, and the internet is not sufficient to meet your informational needs.

Check the Construction info on the link below for starters.

Then whup your builder :Monkey: upside the head with a 2 x 4.

Ditto what Guy said without the 2x4, the idiot probably has too thick of a skull and you would waste more lumber. Document everything you do, and if it is determined that the tree has to go make the builder/idiot pay for it.

OK then a 4 x 4.

"when the builder was thinning out a small area of trees in front, one of the Live Oaks was bumped with the Bobcat"

please look hard at your contract with this numbskull, and see if you approved this kind of work. If you didn't, refuse to pay until you are compensated for ALL the damage.

Anyone who thins a grove with a Bobcat should be fed to a pack of pumas.

thanks guys...

actually - the builder was not driving the bobcat...but he is still the one at fault in the long run. that tree has two trunks with a really nice canopy. i appreciate your advice - and am looking in the yellow pages for an arborist here in austin.

thanks for your advice. :) i'll keep you posted regarding what happens...

Agreed that driver was a total a...wipe and the tree should have been protected before the construction started with tape and stakes in a wide birth around it.I just hate seeing this kind of thing..Are you sure it was not you who did this damage?Just out of curiosity.... it looks homeowner done to me.

Sheshovel said:
Are you sure it was not you who did this damage?Just out of curiosity.... it looks homeowner done to me.
Yo She, what goes around comes around. If you want respect...

Besides, how many homeowners own a Bobcat? Cmon let's not dis the posters, ok? It definitely has the look of work done by a landscraper, one of your less sensitive colleagues.

Stop the checks! :blob5:

Latest posts

Back