Barn Find Mac 125's and a couple of big Homelites

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CM76

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I found these saws in a shed some time ago, and finally had the chance to catch up with their owner to collect them. The previous owner was a life long timber cutter, and these saws were his last lot of machines before retirement. He was a big advocate of the McCulloch machines, and was particularly fond of the saws that were fitted with the primer carbs due to their ease of starting. I managed to score 4 x 125 Macs, which comprised of 2 x CP125's, and a couple of SP125 saws. The Homelites are a 750, and a 2100. All of the saws run, and should clean up pretty well with a few new parts and a good clean.

Here are some pics of the saws as found:

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I found these saws in a shed some time ago, and finally had the chance to catch up with their owner to collect them....I managed to score 4 x 125 Macs, which comprised of 2 x CP125's, and a couple of SP125 saws. The Homelites are a 750, and a 2100. All of the saws run, and should clean up pretty well with a few new parts and a good clean....Chris...

Chris, you're about to be elected as president of the You suck!! club :jester:.

Seriously, nice haul.

good going Chris.
did you know you are up for an Al Coa award?

Thanks Randy.
I checked out the Al Coa nominations and was humbled to see my name mentioned for the importation of scrap alloy.Most of my imports have been Homelites so far which is fitting, as Al had alot to do with their construction.

The old timber cutter had more Macs on offer, but I did not grab them this time. A few big old gear drives - 890, 1-86, as well as a few more 125's (which he was keeping for his son). It was a real gold mine for vintage iron. I found this guy when I picked up a big CC Engineering Bluestreak two man saw from him earlier last year.

Happy New Year,

Chris.

Thanks Randy.
I checked out the Al Coa nominations and was humbled to see my name mentioned for the importation of scrap alloy.Most of my imports have been Homelites so far which is fitting, as Al had alot to do with their construction.

The old timber cutter had more Macs on offer, but I did not grab them this time. A few big old gear drives - 890, 1-86, as well as a few more 125's (which he was keeping for his son). It was a real gold mine for vintage iron. I found this guy when I picked up a big CC Engineering Bluestreak two man saw from him earlier last year.

Happy New Year,

Chris.

Better know as a "Honey Hole"!

Better know as a "Honey Hole"!

I don't associate chainsaws with the Honey Hole :msp_lol:.

Big chainsaws are rare around here :msp_crying:, there might be a few around, but chances are good they're located in Northeast/East Texas. Even in the Big Thicket I'm not sure that 110cc+ are common, maybe Rick/RR2 knows.

Latest posts

Back