Barn Find Mac 125's and a couple of big Homelites

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou for the nice comments gents - I was certainly lucky to find this lot all in the one place. The old owner had two teeth when I first found these machines, and when I collected them yesterday, he was down to one. A real character, and experienced bushman who I hope to catch up with again down the track.
I am looking forward to tidying up the Homelite 2100 - it just needs a new full wrap handle (which I have), and a good clean. The 750E is all there and ready to go as well.

Chris.

There was probably a 990G in there also and he missed seeing it! LOL
Seriously fat find mate!
Dean:cheers:

Geez Chris!

To find all those in one place is really something! Awesome stash! So...Are they any cheaper in bulk or by the pound?!?:cheers:

VERY NICE,
Brian and Tina

There was probably a 990G in there also and he missed seeing it! LOL
Seriously fat find mate!
Dean:cheers:

Hi Dean - If there was a 990G in that shed It would have been the first one into the truck! Speaking of 990G Homelites - I just finished putting one together and got it fired up tonight. It is getting a little late for running a big upright Homelite over here, so will complete the tune up tomorrow. I will post up some pics in the Homelite thread as well.

Yep. Chris is tripping over 9-series gear drives already!:D

You can never have enough Aaron :msp_tongue: Check your pm's.

Regards,

Chris.

The 2100 is definitely the most beautiful girl in the group. I love older homelites... And that thing is the holy grail!!! Im jealous... There is a guy in Michigan that has a nice 2100 with.about a 40" bar and chain... Runs perfect for $250. It comes with a super xl too. If i had the money I'd own it.

The 2100 is definitely the most beautiful girl in the group. I love older homelites... And that thing is the holy grail!!! Im jealous... There is a guy in Michigan that has a nice 2100 with.about a 40" bar and chain... Runs perfect for $250. It comes with a super xl too. If i had the money I'd own it.

The 2100 was a good find for sure. Plenty of grunt behind these big 114cc machines. I am going to swap out the handle, give her a clean up, and put it amongst its brothers.

Chris.

Man what a find cant find any 125 macs around here like to own one found 1 homelite 750 years ago but havent seen one since GREAT DIGGING LOOKS GREAT DAVID:msp_thumbup:

There are a few around my home over here, but mostly I have to put in a fair amount of miles to get to the areas where they are hiding.

If you look hard enough, and put in the effort, you will find them.

Chris.

Your definately finding them Chris.
You have found some sweet saws in
the past couple years.
Must have been some heavy logging back
in the day over in your land. Seems to be
alot of muscle saws over there.

Lee

Your definately finding them Chris.
You have found some sweet saws in
the past couple years.
Must have been some heavy logging back
in the day over in your land. Seems to be
alot of muscle saws over there.

Lee

I would have to agree Lee. It seems that the larger capacity saws were pushed years ago in the timber areas - a logical choice for the hardwoods encountered over here. Large Macs, Stihls, and a decent number of the horizontal cylinder Homelites are to be found amongst the machines in these areas. I have only found one 900 series Homelite over here - a 909D. All of my geardrives have come from the PNW. I have also only found a couple of the 700 series geardrives over here as well - 707G and a 770G. I personally have not come across a single belt drive Homelite as yet in Australia.

120 Whiteheads are also to be found out here - these seem to be scattered around the place though.

Chris.

Another place where there's a lot of big saws down under is Tasmania.

I've gotten some cool, hard-to-find parts from ebay.au out of Tasmania.
There were a few Power Machinery/Skil "Canadien" dealers in Tas and one of the places
they field tested the Skil 1690 was there.

Another place where there's a lot of big saws down under is Tasmania.

I've gotten some cool, hard-to-find parts from ebay.au out of Tasmania.
There were a few Power Machinery/Skil "Canadien" dealers in Tas and one of the places
they field tested the Skil 1690 was there.

Very true JJ - Tassie is a good place to have a dig around. I have a couple of Mac SP118 saws in my sights down there!

Chris.

Latest posts

Back