Bars ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Showgirls in Memphis is pretty cool. Spend alot of money there though.:jawdrop:

As far as saws, I like stihl.

LOL, yeah I used to think that too but I changed my mind after I went to Norway a few years ago and took a history lesson. I saw conifer trees along the Norwegian coast 10 feet in diameter at 20 ft. up, not breast high dia. They have or had trees as big as any tree in the P.N.W. outside of California.Stories go that over the last 100 yrs or so generations of Norwegian loggers found that working in the P.N.W. wasn't much different then working back in Norway.

The Swedes are the ones with the short bars LOL.

Willard.:cheers:

:jawdrop: You have been to the ANW (Atlantic North-West) of Southern Norway.........:cheers:

The best bar... easy.. the Crazy Horse in Chico California. Wisky/waters for $1, hot chics everywere , mechanical bull.

Oh wait. were we talkin chainsaws...?

Stihl for short, Cannon long.

LOL, yeah I used to think that too but I changed my mind after I went to Norway a few years ago and took a history lesson. I saw conifer trees along the Norwegian coast 10 feet in diameter at 20 ft. up, not breast high dia. They have or had trees as big as any tree in the P.N.W. outside of California.Stories go that over the last 100 yrs or so generations of Norwegian loggers found that working in the P.N.W. wasn't much different then working back in Norway.

The Swedes are the ones with the short bars LOL.

:spam: :censored:
But unfortunately you are right ,,,,,,

:jawdrop: You have been to the ANW (Atlantic North-West) of Southern Norway.........:cheers:

Yes these big trees I seen in Norway were at Bergen. Bergen and all along the coast there gets as much rainfall as the P.N.W. And with the mountain terrain they have excellent growing conditions .

Yes these big trees I seen in Norway were at Bergen. Bergen and all along the coast there gets as much rainfall as the P.N.W. And with the mountain terrain they have excellent growing conditions .

Cool, Exactly the part of Norway that I have never been to............:givebeer:

....but MAG58 live there.....

one of the things cannon did to help the bar last long was heat treating the rail and the metal is much better then most, harder, that is why the paint will not stay on. Take the cannon and hit lightly with a falling axe then hit some other bar and you can tell by the ring that cannon is better metal. They are spendy!

Ever see the unpainted bar rails on a Stihl ES bar?

Same thing as you describe above.

Gary

Latest posts

Back