Base gasket removal & port polishing-201t?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridin2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Has anyone tried either or see any reason not to? My saw is a 2014 model with the mm, carb & timing done. Getting greedy & want more power!

Subd, I'm wondering what a good running one will do. How has yours been?

Whats subd? It was a good saw before, now it's an animal. Highly recommend buying one & modding it per brad snellers instructions.

"Subscribed". Does he have a thread with recommendations for that saw then?

"Subscribed". Does he have a thread with recommendations for that saw then?
Yep. Don't have the link. Just search 201t mods. Drill out H limiter pin, port muffler, advance flywheel CCW 1/3 the thickness of the cast in key by grinding away that much.

Mine cuts like mad!! It will drop a 12-15" diameter tree with no problem! I know that not the intended use of this saw but it'll do it!

I know but if there's more power to be had that doesn't effect long term reliability why not?! My Xr was never beat by any single cylinder 4 stroke but, I yanked the engine & put bigger valves in, had a thinner base gasket made & re-ringed it. Point being: a machine that's crazy powerful is fun to use, anything that makes work funner... Let alone the efficiency=profit ratio. And then there's the competition amongst the buddies to have the baddest tool, no matter what it's purpose. Really what's the purpose of anyone going to any lengths to mod any saw? With out being rude it doesn't matter. Fun, pleasure, profit, get away from the wife, it's all good.

Polishing the intake port will cause the mixture puddle on the surface.polishing the exhaust to a mirror finish won't hurt and actually helps a little on carbon build up.

Back