Bay area air quality management banned burning on Christmas...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvrs

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Another way to put a damper(pun intended) on the Christmas spirit...

Here in the SF bay they banned burning for Christmas. How many of you think these people are in cahoots with the power/gas companies and tree huggers? They say that on a spare the air day you can see that there is pollution in the air. I drove around quite a bit today and the skies were clear as can be. Seems like they are forcing more and more of the "no burn days" every year since it started and this is the second or third(cant remember) time that Christmas has been affected.

here is a link to the notice...

Air Quality District bans fires in Bay Area on Christmas Day | www.ktvu.com

...How many of you think these people are in cahoots with the power/gas companies and tree huggers?...

What took ya' so long? Most everyone else in the country has known for years that California is Tree-Hugger Central. The liberal progressives invaded and took over California years ago, and have successfully defended the boarders ever since... all-the-while spending her flat broke. California is the perfect example of why liberal progressiveness does not work... and also the perfect example of how liberal progressives are too blind in their ideology to see the failure and change their policies. With out any doubt, San Fransisco is the worst of the lot... why anyone would continue to live there is beyond my comprehension.

What took ya' so long? Most everyone else in the country has known for years that California is Tree-Hugger Central. The liberal progressives invaded and took over California years ago, and have successfully defended the boarders ever since... all-the-while spending her flat broke. California is the perfect example of why liberal progressiveness does not work... and also the perfect example of how liberal progressives are too blind in their ideology to see the failure and change their policies. With out any doubt, San Fransisco is the worst of the lot... why anyone would continue to live there is beyond my comprehension.

so you are saying,,one flyover,,with a warthog,,at LEFTIST central,,would help things out immensely???? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

That's why I moved to Santa Cruz from San Jose. There are no burn restictions because our smoke comes your way every night with the fog.

I grew up in Illinois and lived in New Jersey for a while before moving to CA. If you live here a few years you get used to the weather and understand why people live here.

The hell with that

One its Christmas
Two fire it up anyway
Three also lite the stove
Califonia (sp?) Ah the land of Fruits and Nuts

maybe you could build a fire and defend your rite to do so with a hi-capacity fire arm...i understand the "californicators" are really keen on hi-cap fire arms,,, and concealed carry,,, Merry Christmas..oooppsss,,we're talkin' the "LEFT COAST",,I mean, "Happy Holidays" :dizzy:...

Christmas has arrived at last.
A gentle reminder our life passes by fast.

It is a glorious message that we hear
That Christ our savior is always near.

But another opportunity for the proclamation.

The Gospel message to the nation.

Christ was born and died to save the population.

Merry Christmas All.

Here's your out when the Air Quality LEO knocks on your door (when your rat neighbor calls 'em) ...

From the ktvu report: "Homes without permanently installed heating were exempt from the ban."
My response would be: Sure, I have a permanent heating system, but the tank isn't permanently filled with oil ... and happens to be empty right now. You fill it and I'll run it :msp_rolleyes:

maybe you could build a fire and defend your rite to do so with a hi-capacity fire arm...i understand the "californicators" are really keen on hi-cap fire arms,,, and concealed carry,,, Merry Christmas..oooppsss,,we're talkin' the "LEFT COAST",,I mean, "Happy Holidays" :dizzy:...

Getting some kickback on all those redundant commas?

ONE at a time, in this language. Makes for a quicker skim of nonsense.

We had anothr thread on this just a few weeks back Sacramento had a burn ban a few days ago, but as always, we ignore it. I'm not sure what the actual regulations are there, but there are some exemptions. Either way, we have to fight this thing. This is another nail in the coffin of independence. Someone asked if they were in cahoots with the utilities, and I'd say yes, but it isn't just the money. There is a move afoot to take away people's independence. These culture thieves are trying hard to force everyone under someone else's foot. If you want heat, you have to buy it from X; If you want water, you have to buy it from Y. If you want food, you have to buy it from Z. Burning, hunting, pumping, and fishing is either going to be outlawed, or made prohibitively expensive. A fishing license cost almost 50 dollars in California now, and this is a "right to fish" state. People who are beholden to someone else for all the necessities of life are much more easily controlled. I know there are good reasons to clean the air, however I also know that as soon as we do that, the same manipulative bastards start importing another million people to dirty it up more than what we had before. It's not the clean air they are after. It's your independence, and it ain't just Californians.

We had anothr thread on this just a few weeks back Sacramento had a burn ban a few days ago, but as always, we ignore it. I'm not sure what the actual regulations are there, but there are some exemptions. Either way, we have to fight this thing. This is another nail in the coffin of independence. Someone asked if they were in cahoots with the utilities, and I'd say yes, but it isn't just the money. There is a move afoot to take away people's independence. These culture thieves are trying hard to force everyone under someone else's foot. If you want heat, you have to buy it from X; If you want water, you have to buy it from Y. If you want food, you have to buy it from Z. Burning, hunting, pumping, and fishing is either going to be outlawed, or made prohibitively expensive. A fishing license cost almost 50 dollars in California now, and this is a "right to fish" state. People who are beholden to someone else for all the necessities of life are much more easily controlled. I know there are good reasons to clean the air, however I also know that as soon as we do that, the same manipulative bastards start importing another million people to dirty it up more than what we had before. It's not the clean air they are after. It's your independence, and it ain't just Californians.

well,,you just pizzzzed off every left leaning moron on this forum..........so continue!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

OK, I'll continue a bit more:

Here in Sac, the county will give you a voucher towards ugrading your fireplace to the EPA compliant. Up to 1500.00. But the catch is, if you take the money, you must also agree not to burn on the only days that EPA compliant are ALLOWED to burn, but others without EPA are not. So you see? It's not cleaner burning they are after; it's no burning

Latest posts

Back