BB Kit Makita EA6100P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambull01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just bought a used Makita EA6100P from a HD tool rental. Paid $290 for it, probably way too much lol. Looks a bit beat up but nothing major I don’t think.

Anyway I had a Makita 6401 and always wanted to do the bb kit. I gave the saw away a few years ago. Do they make a bb kit for these 6100s? Couldn’t find anything online. Hopefully the kit for the 6401 can fit this saw too.

6100 is a totally different animal I think it’s a Strato saw don’t know if they have any decent kits for them.
I know for sue the kit for the 6400 won’t work , I loved mine gobs of torque . I think is was 88 ccs with the BB kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6100 is a totally different animal I think it’s a Strato saw don’t know if they have any decent kits for them.
I know for sue the kit for the 6400 won’t work , I loved mine gobs of torque . I think is was 88 ccs with the BB kit

Well that sucks! Guess I’m sticking with a 61cc saw lol

Good thing is it’s much stronger and lighter than a stock 6400, the 6400 was open port design the stratified 6100 is a revving machine

Stronger with less cc? Sounds good to me. I does feel a little lighter than my old 6401. Haven’t ran it in wood yet. It does seem faster too but could be totally off on that.

Stronger with less cc? Sounds good to me. I does feel a little lighter than my old 6401. Haven’t ran it in wood yet. It does seem faster too but could be totally off on that.

Yeah it’s about a half a pound or more lighter It’s a great pro quality saw carries more fuel and because it’s stratified it Helps it’s breathing on the top end making more power and allowing higher RPMs I don’t know if yours is Electronically tuned or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back