Bb395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it'll be fine Will.

Just to give you an idea how much a little does......we put a .020 base gasket in David's 395 and compression dropped 50psi.

Dang, thats more than i figured! I've thought about sticking a base gasket in mine, but i dont want it that low. Maybe i need to make a .010 gasket and try it.....or just run it! :D

Dang, thats more than i figured! I've thought about sticking a base gasket in mine, but i dont want it that low. Maybe i need to make a .010 gasket and try it.....or just run it! :D

Yeah it surprised the hell out of me when I checked it after putting the base gasket in it. That was two days before the gtg. I ran it through two cuts and decided I didn't like it so tore it back apart.

Run it. David turned me on to octane boost. I'm happy as hell now. :D

Cecking in Will and gang. Raining here good day for AS:rock: One question I always had when running ported saws, if you pull the base gasket, you then have no gasket, and run sealer correct? How is the longevity in the long run, does it have to be resealed at some point, or is it just as good? And you guy's mention octane booster, this is a great topic, what is the max you want to run? I imagine with compression ratios this will differ correct? And does the octane increase, up your compression?

Cecking in Will and gang. Raining here good day for AS:rock: One question I always had when running ported saws, if you pull the base gasket, you then have no gasket, and run sealer correct? How is the longevity in the long run, does it have to be resealed at some point, or is it just as good? And you guy's mention octane booster, this is a great topic, what is the max you want to run? I imagine with compression ratios this will differ correct? And does the octane increase, up your compression?

Hiya Norm. I use Loctite 518 for a sealer. It sets so well that it hard to get the jug back off. :laugh:

On the octane.......it just makes fuel harder to get burning.....so high compression is tolerated better.

I have no interest in octane boost or finding Race gas. We have no ethonal in our fuel here so I'm good that way. If its too high, I'll cut the piston, or dish it or whatever. How would I dish the piston though? Without a radius turner?

Well its all done people!! Tested compression hot after first heat cycle, its a tad high at 220 hot!!! May have to lower that!! LOL My neighbours are most likely pissed off now, just ran it revving the snot out of it at 9pm LOL. I could not wait!!

This thing revs like a freaking ported 372!! FRICK, never had one rev like this before. Short vid uploading now of in the dark saw running.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh, LOL, forgot to add, had the tach on it, saw it hit 15K, then heard a "TING" ZING, ZING, ZING, then saw the freaking clutch and drum racing across the lawn in the dark!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Miraculously found everything including the sprocket in the dark with a light, except all the needle bearings were gone out of the drum bearing!!!! ARRRRGGGG.

i can imagine how loud that is! looks great mate...i'm keeping my eye out for a bigger saw now i have the "bug". hope we get to see it in some wood soon:popcorn:

Back