BBB Pruning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless that chain is super sharp he is gonna have some splitting or peeling back towards the branch collar.

The chain is on backwards.
He's only about 3" high in the photo. Most people are much taller.
I think the air filter is dirty.
He's black and white. Most real people are colored.
Phil

We can't really see enough details to be sure what is going on.

Good: climbing no spurs, good PPE, and work positioning seems right.

Not so good: branch looks unsupported and we can't see an undercut. Cut appears to be just outside the branch bark collar, but looks likely to peel.

Can't see: Branch might be dead or supported by a rope not in the picture, thereby eliminating the risk of peel. There could also be an undercut not visible in the picture.

The chain is on backwards.
He's only about 3" high in the photo. Most people are much taller.
I think the air filter is dirty.
He's black and white. Most real people are colored.
Phil

:monkey:

That's funny as hell. Those rep points, boy. They're coming to you. :hmm3grin2orange:

Even enlarging to 200% it was hard to see details readers might see. And I'm not sure how politically correct it needs to be for arboriculture.

I don't care if he's one handing the saw, but is he?

If he / she is not one handing, how will they control the limb? Is it even supported, and if not, shouldn't they be cutting out further for a 3 cut removal?

As a picture, it looks good.

Even enlarging to 200% it was hard to see details readers might see. And I'm not sure how politically correct it needs to be for arboriculture.

I don't care if he's one handing the saw, but is he?

If he / she is not one handing, how will they control the limb? Is it even supported, and if not, shouldn't they be cutting out further for a 3 cut removal?

As a picture, it looks good.

I control the fall by the cut. Its easier to do with a fast cutting utensile. I usually don't cut and hold very often.

Yes; see ANSI 5.3.7. Even if the limb is dead and bark ripping unlikely (but possible), wood splitting is more possible. This is a SHALL for a good reason. After learning of this, SCA will stop using it.

Latest posts

Back