Best 031 AV bar and chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E.V.A. Sawman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just got a free 031 AV electronic, it is missing bar chain and clutch. Any one that has one, what is best to use one this saw 3/8 or .325? Baileys sells their combo set-up in .325 but also lists 3/8 bars. Any help will be appreciated. This will not be a every day saw just one to run every now and then for fun. It is in nice shape for its age and being free.

bar

Just got a free 031 AV electronic, it is missing bar chain and clutch. Any one that has one, what is best to use one this saw 3/8 or .325? Baileys sells their combo set-up in .325 but also lists 3/8 bars. Any help will be appreciated. This will not be a every day saw just one to run every now and then for fun. It is in nice shape for its age and being free.

oregon pro lite. bar

I would find a used clutch, try to get an all metal (no pads)
032,041 farm Boss and 041AV use same clutch.

I use 3/8 chain on both 16" and 18" bars on my 031AV, the 18" bar gets the most use though.

You have a fairly large assortment of saws, What size do you run on them???
I try to run 3/8 on everything that will possibly handle it because the saws and bars are dumb.
They don't know if the chain you are putting on them was on a Stihl, Dolmar, Husky, Tanaka or what, before you put it on them.
What I'm saying is a 16" 3/8ths chain will interchange with any saw that has a 3/8ths bar and sprocket. If you have a 20" 3/8ths Stihl bar and decide to, you can put it right on the 031 and not have to buy another chain.

Life is a lot less complicated if all of your kids wear the same size shoes!
Same goes for chainsaw chain.

JMHO

Mike

Guy found the clutch and drum for the saw, it is a spur style but looks in great shape. I checked at baileys the were near 100. bucks thank god he had it. fuel tank leaks on bottom looks like it is eat away with corrosion and wear. It is a 3/8 sprocket on clutch, that's what i'll go with 3/8 .050 as most everything else i run is. thanks for the help. If this clutch doesn't work i know what to look for in a used one. thanks again everyone.:cheers:

Guy found the clutch and drum for the saw, it is a spur style but looks in great shape. I checked at baileys the were near 100. bucks thank god he had it. fuel tank leaks on bottom looks like it is eat away with corrosion and wear. It is a 3/8 sprocket on clutch, that's what i'll go with 3/8 .050 as most everything else i run is. thanks for the help. If this clutch doesn't work i know what to look for in a used one. thanks again everyone.:cheers:

Nice 031 tank in link :D http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=330330779229

031av tank

Thanks for the tank info, if I can't fix mine i'll throw a bid at it. Mine has a couple 1/8" holes on round inside flywheel area, must have been where saw moved through years and wore holes. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back