BEST 20" MID LEVEL CHAINSAW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get the stihl 391....save some more bucks and buy a pro saw. I had a 391 but it was a dog for its weight....

i would take a used ms361 over a new 029-391 any day-- but i am "pro saw" biased--LOL

for under $300 maybe a kit saw? 361-440 or 372??

the merrymucka v51 or the echo timberwolf are very good bets -- i would take the timberwolf over the v51 mostly cause the v51 has a catylitic muffler-- the echo is a non-cat set up--

For bucking and noodling etc, the 6100 is has the power (more than the 562 according to the powerbank on contrary what the boxes say) and doesn't use much gas. The 555 is a fair bit lighter. So if you also use it to de-branch or clear smaller stuff thats a pro. Both are great for a 20" bar. Also interesting, is your own condition. Are you a big fellow, walking around with car tyres all day, you won't mind the weight difference. And the 555 might be to small to feel right in your hands. On the other hand, if you aren't a 200 pound gorilla, and have a affinity for computers or clipboards, the extra weight and power of a 6100 wears you down after a few hours. Also because it has a huge gastank, so gas breaks are far apart.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

By far excellent choice I run a 20" bar and skip chain on my 362 I love the set up after the first tank it got better and so on with each tank, I also run 93 octane in all my saws though. Save your pennies :) your be happy with the 362

Good choice I looked at the 362 when I got my 590. At near 400 more I just couldn't swing it at the time. Started cleaning up log piles for a developer so may go looking again if I can sell some wood to fund more saws.

20170306_073317.jpg
Only thing I don't like about my 590 is the cheesy bar that flexes like a wet noodle.
I didn't think it would last long the bar when i bought my 590 over four years ago but it has held up surprisingly well i put it on a ported chinese 372 I've got like twenty echo chains lol

Home Depot can special order 61cc Makita but there are no Dolmar dealers for parts or warranty stuff around here so think Stihl is the way for me to go

Back