Help someone tell me what kinda chain I need to buy for Husqvarna 50 special

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Carswell

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1989 Husqvarna 50 special from my cousin but it didn't have a chain and I'm in dark when it comes to the ins and outs so could someone please help me out

sure that saw came with .325 pitch chain for somewhere between a 15in bar to 18in bar. You need to know what bar you have which should be stamped on the bar near the clutch cover.

if there is no serial number on the bar take your saw to a local saw shop that can make chain and they will make you one to fit the bar.

sure that saw came with .325 pitch chain for somewhere between a 15in bar to 18in bar. You need to know what bar you have which should be stamped on the bar near the clutch cover.

if there is no serial number on the bar take your saw to a local saw shop that can make chain and they will make you one to fit the bar.
It has an Oregon bar 18 in that has 180sdea041 and beside that is j7 it also says .50" but the chain he give me says IB . I'm pretty sure the chain or bar doesn't go to it I finally got it on the saw and whenever I pull the chain around the bar it's making a clicking sound near the clutch and I think maybe the drive tooth number maybe diff.

It has an Oregon bar 18 in that has 180sdea041 and beside that is j7 it also says .50" but the chain he give me says IB . I'm pretty sure the chain or bar doesn't go to it I finally got it on the saw and whenever I pull the chain around the bar it's making a clicking sound near the clutch and I think maybe the drive tooth number maybe diff.
ya pretty sure that bar takes a 62dl 3/8lp chain and you probably have a .325 sprocket on the saw.

Latest posts

Back