Best bar length for ms 290 farm boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 290 came with a 20in bar,it cut good with that setup but when I muffler modded it really came to life. I put an 18in on it after dropping an oak on it last year. My 270 came with a 20in on it and was a bit much for the 270 so I switched the 18in to the 270 and the 20in back to the 290. The 18in works better on the 270 now.

Look to see if that chain got a bent driver on it. And wiggle all the links individually, see if any of them are binding. You could have a bad link or three on that chain, that will seriously bork up the cuttin'

Yes that can happen real easy on a chain throw,, some times it boogers the drivers a bit and makes them bind in the groove,,, Have to inspect every driver after a chain throw if the chain starts binding or wont fit in the groove!!!! a little filing or dremel works wonders,,,,, sometimes you have to true a link or two back up with a hammer on and anvil or big bench/work vise to straighen the bent ones!!!!

Latest posts

Back