Best High Temperature Grease

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To right its cheap.
Heres an example of spending more to do the job cheaper...
reckon this cost about $300000, all the brit guys will recognize it. (runs about 400hp)

a_lopa said:
l/j not having a go but is it a wise decision to spend more to do the job cheaper?

dont get me wrong if i had employees on a grinder it would be a rg50 or similar ;)

My thought is it doesnt make the job cheaper for the customer, only faster for us. There is the maket value (changes with location) for grinding stumps. If the market value to grind a stump is twenty bucks, then you could knock it out in 4 min with the RG85, or twenty minutes with a smaller machine. The same amount of work was done, and the total amount brought in is the same, but with the 85 its alot faster which means you can grind more in less time. Not cheaper, faster, which= a higher per hour rate.

We are a part time company 9 months of the year. We currently have 1 employee other than me and my dad. Normally we have 2 but I havent found a replacement that I am happy with yet.

And I am not havin a go with anyone (took me a couple time of reading it outloud to figure out what it meant) about grinders. I am just conversing:)

i just looked and ive spent 2.5k on subbing stumps since new years, :angry: :) for example i never do liquid ambers or big pines anything where its raised.thats where some hp is needed.
i just take the easy ones lol ;)

In my opinion the omega range offer the best high temperature greases. Although they are expensive. For temps up to 350 degrees c try this high temperature grease For temperatures of up to around 750 degrees c Omega 35 is probably the best high temperature grease . The second works in a similar way to moly with a solid lubricant but is more advanced. I'd be careful when using this though. Because of the solid lubricant component it is easy to over apply and clog up. Utilize a thin film only.

Back