Best insulated boiler lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowellJL

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm planning to relocate my woodmaster 4500 this summer closer to where I'll be storing and processing my firewood. I have the capability to run two separate heat loops with this unit and I want to run one to my furnace and one to my hot water. I have a short run and would like to install the best line I can. Does anyone have a product they recommend that has four separate lines? Thanks for your help!

Back when I did my install in 2009. I needed four one inch lines 450 feet long so I did close cell spray foam in the trench. Its held up well. I have three furnaces with coils in the duct work and a flat plate for my domestic hot water.

Are the water heater and furnace in the same building ? I’d pipe between them in a heartbeat if you can. I’d happily post pics of what I did.
Yes they are that's how it's currently set up would that be the most efficient way to use the heat then? That would be great if you don't mind and I can compare to what I have.

Yes they are that's how it's currently set up would that be the most efficient way to use the heat then? That would be great if you don't mind and I can compare to what I have.
I don’t remember the brand of the pipe but it had dual 1-1/4” lines and was $15/ft two yrs ago. It loses right at 1f going stove to house and back when nothing is calling for heat in a 175’ run so 350’ of total pipe. Worth every penny.

My boiler lines go to my water heater side arm -> in floor HX -> forced air furnace -> back to stove. If you’d like more pictures of anything let me know.

Hard to picture but here’s the water heater and furnace. It’s literally all just “daisy chained” together. Don’t mind the covers off. I’m shutting the stove down tomorrow (finally!) and had to make sure each element was pulling amps so I knew it worked again. Not that Mama Bear takes a cold shower the first day the stove is off lol
IMG_0963.jpeg

I put a mechanical aquastat on the supply line into the furnace so if the water drops to whatever temp I set the LP will kick on. I don’t remember what wires I intercepted from my thermostat to make it work but I can dig into it if you’d like. Made it super simple to just keep one thermostat in the house for the forced air.
IMG_0965.jpeg

Closeup of water heater. I insulated things as it got up to 125f in the mech room and my data cabinet got all cranky and yelled at me because it was too hot. It still gets around 80f in there so I leave the door cracked a bit all winter to let the heat leak into the garage.
IMG_0964.jpeg

I’m installing insulated lines this summer over a 100’ run. Buy the stuff mentioned earlier which is two lines in a closed cell foam encasement, not the stuff wrapped in layers of insulation. You might have to run two lines. My hot water is a SuperStore heated by the oil boiler. One circulation pump, three thermostatically controlled valves, upstairs, downstairs, water heater. In summer, boiler fires only when SuperStore hot water tank calls for heat. Been told it’s the most efficient system.

Back