Best place and best price for chaps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Swede Pros.....

sure are nice. You should have seen me "stylin' " at Boonville running that Dolmar 7900 wearing a t shirt, shorts, Birkenstocks, and the chaps. The guy at the Dolmar exhibit told me that I should probably cover my feet up with wood chips, just in case anybody was paying attention. LOL. That`s not really much different than my everyday attire though, just swap some Redwing Loggers for the Birkies. I figure full length pants aren`t going to do squat to protect me from much of anything but poison ivy, and I`ll guarantee that I`d be sweating so much in pants that the urushiol(sp?) is just going to run down the crack of my butt anyway, so why be uncomfortable? I`ve got summer and winter chainsaw pants, but they are all hot.

As a side note, the listed length of chaps is for the overall length, not the inseam length, so 36" is about right for a 6' person, and the Husky chaps that I normally wear have about a 2" adjustment for length depending on how you wear the waste strap, just fold it over and snap it to shorten them up.

Speaking of suspenders, does anyone know of a good source of high quality Batchelor buttons? Not the cheap tinny ones, brass or nickel would be best. Thanks, Russ

Batchelor Buttons

jokers
First check sherrill but madsens and Baileys wild ass has them.Might not be in the catalog but they have em.Seth

JimL similar thing happened to me

I was cutting with some guys and the saw I was running ran out of fuel... The guy I was cutting with grabbed my saw and filled it up with fuel and bar oil while I grabbed another saw and finished the cut I was working on. Later I was cutting with the saw my buddy had just filled up... made one cut and was contemplating my next one holding the saw on my left thigh- all this time the bar oil is running down my leg since the cap wasn't tightened and she backed out in the first cut.

Well my left leg was saturated with bar oil and my left boot got a water proofing job in the process.

When I got home I grabbed a can of GUNK and proceded to spray down the left leg of these chaps with it. Let set for around a 1/2 hour then scrubbed with a brush and hosed them down with the garden hose. Hang to dry and the chaps are still looking good. OH yeah- make sure that you get the washable type- you know that they are going to get nasty.

Jeff

You use 90wt gear oil for bar lube? I think that will be a little harder to get out. Does anyone sell chaps that are not Hunter Orange? I would rather not look like a beacon but if I have to I have to I guess

Chaps are made so that they fill the tooth when the chain hits it there by reducing the injury not always stopping it from happening. Logger A still may have sustained an injury but it should have been less. I have noticed alot of racers use double thick chaps (usually right leg) due to the higher profile teeth they are using so the extra thickness helps fill the taller tooth in case of disaster.

Best place and best price for chaps

Jeff,

That picture of the Swede Pro full wrap chap - are those the same ones selling on Ebay for $49? They look a little different, but I can't tell...

thks...rich

Commercial Cutters lists the Husky chaps for $60. Full wrap on the calves, available in blue or orange and 36" or 40" lengths.

Sherrill sale item

I just saw a Sherrill ad in TCI for chaps. 3 layer, sizes M-XXL, $49 per pair, limit 10 pr.
To recieve this discount, use code tci1202 when ordering.

Huskyman,

I have a pair of new Husky chaps listed on ebay. They are blue so you will not stand out. I bought more pairs than I need so it is time to get rid of some. I tried to convince my wife to put them on and do some cutting but she refused. She is pregnent with our third son so I guess she was smart to not want to do some cutting.

Bill

They got some Stihl camo style here at the saw shop, they even have bibed overall orange,black and white camo, but their not Stihl be good for winter only.

**I have a pair of new Husky chaps listed on ebay. They are blue so you will not stand out.**

I'm getting rid of anthing blue I wear. Adirondack black flies seem especially attracted to it.

Back