Best Processor Under $20,000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a couple Chainsaws ($1500), a SuperSpliter ($2500), conveyor (5,000), used skid-steer/tractor (10,000), total investment of ($19,000) not including a delivery truck. I think the overall maintenance, cost of operation and return on investment would have you buying a top of the line processor in a matter of 3 years. If it doesn't work out sell the individual pieces of equipment and move on. No offense but I think the KISS theory (keep it simple stupid) should be applied to all business models.

I completely agree. But, I did go over my budget and got a smoking deal 2025 Mulitek w/30' Conveyor and 2002 Ford F550 delivery truck for 35,000 all in. So I took the plunge on that. My father in law has got me going with his porter to load the machine for now but it has recently broken and he doesn't want to fix it asap. I am currently now hunting for a skidsteer or something to load the processor and the truck.

Sounds like you are in business! Keep everything properly maintained and treat your customers right! You should have no problem making a great living.

I completely agree. But, I did go over my budget and got a smoking deal 2025 Mulitek w/30' Conveyor and 2002 Ford F550 delivery truck for 35,000 all in. So I took the plunge on that. My father in law has got me going with his porter to load the machine for now but it has recently broken and he doesn't want to fix it asap. I am currently now hunting for a skidsteer or something to load the processor and the truck.

We want video!!! :rock:

:msp_rolleyes:
I currently own both a chomper and a rapido loco(just got it two weeks ago) and loved the chomper. In the offseason I would take two employees with me to our wood lot and fell skid process and truck 7 cords of hardwood firewood in 5 hours from standing to processed in truck with cat 508 grapple and chomper. They are great for long lengths but not great for residential trees(12' minus).The chomper is listed for $21000.00 w 942 hrs. runs good just time for new style.
The new one has a 50 inch circular blade and does 2.75-3.25 cords per hour(nice wood products at end).
my first post hope it was helpful
thanks
Welcome aboard. Do you have any photo's of your previous and current gear, for us to drool over? As of about 6 months ago, when I last looked seriously at this, the Rapido Loco was my favourite processor. Owners seem to love it and great bang for your buck. would be really keen to learn what you think of it and how well it and the woodbine service shapes up in the real world. One day when my business grows up, one of 'em might be on my shopping list.

Thanks boys for welcome

My rapido loco is on you tube under "SJS CRD" as part of the sale of my machine. The chomper was shown on here for sale up until last week(congrats to kelly in california on his purchase).We have three excavators (4 ton to 15 ton)
2 skid steers one track tl150(awesome) and a jd 328(cool with tires) a cat 508 grapple skidder duratech hd-10 tub grinder, 1 15"chipper 1 bandit 280 hd(bad ass) whole tree chipper 2 rolloff dumpster trucks 2 f550s 60 foot bucket
vermeer 505 track grinder.....saws etc
Back to the rapido it dumps onto a 60 foot stacking conveyor and it is badass!!!!!!My brother is my right hand and we worked together(me loading him processing) and did 22 cords in 7 hours.Thats no bs because we did the 8 cord log truck showed up with load at 9am and by 11:10 we finished his pile.Mind you I prep the logs so they go seamlessly.
I will try to send pictures of the 35 foot piles we stack in two days.
thanks
scott

My rapido loco is on you tube under "SJS CRD" as part of the sale of my machine. The chomper was shown on here for sale up until last week(congrats to kelly in california on his purchase).We have three excavators (4 ton to 15 ton)
2 skid steers one track tl150(awesome) and a jd 328(cool with tires) a cat 508 grapple skidder duratech hd-10 tub grinder, 1 15"chipper 1 bandit 280 hd(bad ass) whole tree chipper 2 rolloff dumpster trucks 2 f550s 60 foot bucket
vermeer 505 track grinder.....saws etc
Back to the rapido it dumps onto a 60 foot stacking conveyor and it is badass!!!!!!My brother is my right hand and we worked together(me loading him processing) and did 22 cords in 7 hours.Thats no bs because we did the 8 cord log truck showed up with load at 9am and by 11:10 we finished his pile.Mind you I prep the logs so they go seamlessly.
I will try to send pictures of the 35 foot piles we stack in two days.
thanks
scott

Please do... Watched the video... Yes... Badass... How often do you have to sharpen the teeth on that blade??? :msp_confused:

Wow that's one fast machine !! The only flaw I see is it cranking out a lot of waste - splits that are too small to sell - at least for me.

Last edited:
Sharpening?????

My understanding is 350 cords so maybe once a month.I had an old blanchard processor w a lombardini diesel and a 40 inch cabide that did 250 easily.It was 40.00 to sharpen.I think I will just order new blade and switch them out.
As fara as shorts or small wood we sell cordwood in bulk(unstacked) as 6-6.5 yards to a stacked cord(translates to 135-140 cu ft) and my client base appreciates the small stuff to start the stove. Im yet to find someone to complain when more is given than expected.
My decision to go crd vs cord king was 2 fold.All parts(95%) are available at grainger and Im a "do it yourself" guy.
Cord king people said they spent more time welding the waffle iron than splitting wood.I can buy two rapidos for the price of one cord king. Thats just my two cents
:cool2:

almost forgot

wedge is capable of 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 way based on where you position wedge.Minimum cut is 14 maximum is 26 inch
hope this is helpful:blob2:

wedge is capable of 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 way based on where you position wedge.Minimum cut is 14 maximum is 26 inch
hope this is helpful:blob2:

Holy super bad ass!

How many cords per year do yo plan doing with your processor?

Cords??

I would be overjoyed to do 500 but wood is scarce here so tree length is a a premium.:msp_sneaky:
just finished another 20-22 cords today(pile is so massive i crawl on it w/ hitachi 120 excavator to knock it down into
the voids).I will take pictures very soon

I watched your youtube video. that Rapido Loco is fast and nice. only real problem I see is the splits piling up at the operator's feet. seems like a conveyor is necessary. i'd love to use one like it for a month each year.

Do you move your Rapido Loco around or keep it in one place? I can't recall and don't have my notes on me but at the time I looked at these I think finding an electric motor option for it was going to be the shizzle for us.

Conveyor....

I need to take a video because the machine comes with a slick conveyor system tha stores on top of machine during transport(no wood at your feet) .The conveyor has a 2 inch gap between 2 rubber belts that are powered by same hydraulic motor. The gap allows small bark and sawdust to fall between the gap and wood proceeds forward.At my place it then goes up a 60 foot conveyor at a 55 degree angle(35' high) onto concrete only to be touched when going into truck for sale:D

As far as electric options....no idea!

Investment

As far as investment I agree.I intend to sub our services out all spring and summer processing other peoples wood. The going rate is 50 per cord Im hoping to do it for 45 locally. Besides under the current tax laws we can depreciate the equipment and get great tax benefits from buying new.
:rock:

Latest posts

Back