Best saw build under $1000 for firewood cutting saw enthusiast?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely new redesign, only thing similar is made by husqvarna and 70cc, I dont think they share a single same part, do they? Bar stud? Oil pickup screen? Fuel filter?

572 clutch cover fits the 372. Not sure about the other way around. Actually, I think the cheapest way to get a clutch cover for a 365/372/2166/2172 is to buy the 572 wrap kit. It's like $30 and includes the clutch cover and big spikes.

Selling would be wise. Wife said if I buy another one she's using it to chop my nuts off.

Why don't you tell her how how stupid she is for thinking that a chainsaw "chops"!
I'm sure the new saws are great, I just like the boxy look of the older saws. I like the screwed on tops better; latches are ugly. Primer/purge bulbs don't belong on pro saws. I'm not a pro nor do I saw for a living or everyday; my opinions are purely from a cosmetic/pride of ownership perspective.

Why don't you tell her how how stupid she is for thinking that a chainsaw "chops"!
I'm sure the new saws are great, I just like the boxy look of the older saws. I like the screwed on tops better; latches are ugly. Primer/purge bulbs don't belong on pro saws. I'm not a pro nor do I saw for a living or everyday; my opinions are purely from a cosmetic/pride of ownership perspective.
Insults wont win him her approval .

572 clutch cover fits the 372. Not sure about the other way around. Actually, I think the cheapest way to get a clutch cover for a 365/372/2166/2172 is to buy the 572 wrap kit. It's like $30 and includes the clutch cover and big spikes.
Those clutch covers from 362/365/372/375 will interchange with 572 and vice versa.

Where can you get that kit for $30. There are no dealers near me.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Well took the old bear out for a run wound up pinching the bar a little then got winded trying to restart..... Went and visited a local dealer, he had all the huskys I had been looking at online, came home with something orange, that I'm VERY proud of. Cuts like a scalded dog, starts easy, more loads of power. Buried it 24" deep in some very hard oak and it cut like a beast. It's 2 pounds lighter dressed out with a longer bar than the old mac to boot!

Nice saw you will happy with it
I went slightly over budget but feel it was coin well spent, managed to keep the other one going for god knows how long figure it will last a while. I'm amazed at how well balanced the engine feels at high rpms can't feel any noticable vibration. I think vibes are hard on the hands over time already have enough arthritis. It's had plenty of power for the hardwood and the oiler keeps the chain cool enough while blazing threw this old growth stuff. Very impressed with the machine it definitely has care put into the engineering.

Sorry to hear you went over budget on the saw . I have been tossing around getting a 572. And I may just have to pull the trigger . I got a price of $945 out the door with a 28 inch bar . But I did just buy a 395xp from the same dealer a few months ago paid $1024 out the door with a 36 inch bar

Nice saw you will happy with it

Sorry to hear you went over budget on the saw . I have been tossing around getting a 572. And I may just have to pull the trigger . I got a price of $945 out the door with a 28 inch bar . But I did just buy a 395xp from the same dealer a few months ago paid $1024 out the door with a 36 inch bar
I'm sold on the Husky lineup, need to sell the old bear and a Stihl that I have here to make room for another XP I have my eyes on.

Back