Best Smelling Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
red cedar here too:msp_smile:

Gavman I'm not sure we are talking same wood. I'm talking about eastern red cedar, the kind for lining closets and chests. Chipped for peoples pet rodents also. Same kind your talking about?

Real stank red oak. Old timers around here used to call it piss oak. I guess it is an acquired smell but man I love it! Nothing better than a bunch of seasoning red oak all stacked up.:rock:

I love the red cedar. I have a bit of it still in the backyard - it takes awhile to split, because each time I split a round I have to pick up the pieces and smell them. Weird, I know, but hey.

You too, huh? I usually leave a few splits lying around just for that purpose. I'd say cherry would be #2 for me.

red cedar so far but I also like the smell of x-mas tree too

Mulberry. Love cutting it, splitting it, and burning it. Also the neighbors like it too; their house is downwind and it smells like we're baking a pie.

Unburnt.......Cedar

Burning........Shagbark Hickory!................sniff.......sniff..........:msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back