Best Thread and Post of 2009

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about:

Pfffft!.. Are you guys serious?? I only use one kind of oil.

GaryGoo.jpg

Brilliant! :clap:

Ok OP you wanted to make a point.

Now it's my turn to make a point.

Point is you don't know squat!

First off that saw could be closer to 40 years old then 25 and it did not leave the factory without a on/off switch.

Just like the thread you started before, you picked up a piece of junk from someplace and you have no idea where it has been or who has messed with it since it was new and all you have to do is blab about the shortcomings of the manufacture.

Now that Poulan 25 as I said did indeed leave the factory with a switch no matter what you have now indicates.

The original model of the 25 had a sliding plastic knob that slid in a slot on the recoil cover.

The later version of that saw had a regular toggle switch mounted in a hole in the saw kinda underneath the rear handle.

Now what happens years later when someone has trouble with the recoil on your saw and they replaced the whole recoil with one from a later model saw?

You following me?

What happens is you have a saw with a recoil cover without a square hole in it for the original sliding shut off knob and you have a saw without the hole under the handle for the later style toggle switch.

It's got nothing to do with the manufacture and there lack of control as to what some saw hack will do to there piece of equipmet how many years later.

Maybe you should keep asking questions.

This has to be WAY up on my list!!!

Mike

My vote goes to this thread

Best Thread

I hate to vote for myself BUT, my post in there gets my vote.

Best Post

That was my 7900 and it arrived in Australia pregnant. Until I saw that photo I thought that Brad only violated saws with a grinder.

And yeah your reply was ACE :) I was laughing my head off at that whole thread as every 2 seconds it linked back to that first Brokeback Mountain photo.

That was my 7900 and it arrived in Australia pregnant. Until I saw that photo I thought that Brad only violated saws with a grinder.

And yeah your reply was ACE :) I was laughing my head off at that whole thread as every 2 seconds it linked back to that first Brokeback Mountain photo.

lol yeah I still chuckle just thinking about it sorry snell

Latest posts

Back