Big Bore Cylinder Displacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think? Bookerdog had one built.
I know there are at least two of those (440 with the 460 BB on it) running around. The owners seem to really like them!

Like I said: 'zactly!!
(Why not the 460 BB on your 440?)
As Mae Weast said: Too much if a good thing.........is wonderful!!

Moderation is for monks.

Yeah Bowtie and I have kicked it around a bit this spring and I did lay one out,, will require a lil machine work on the case for the piston to clear on the down stroke,,,,,, it's doable,,,,, just havent had the time,,,, :dizzy:

been looking for a winter project,,,,,:clap:

You do have to machine the cases to clear the piston, it's not a big deal. You will also have to file a little clearance on the flywheel side transfer to clear the flywheel. Slot the bolt holes in at an angle to match the 044 bolt pattern. Bolt it all up and hold on. :D

The BB kit is a little lack luster in stock form so I would highly recommend a good woods port. The transfers are a little narrow and set pretty low in the jug as is the exhaust port. It's pretty obvious that they were going for max torque with the big bores. A little port work and it is one he:censored: of a work saw. You do want to add the heat shield plate from the 046/460 that bolts in behind the muffler to help direct the air flow over the cylinder fins. You will also have to add a spacer in behind the muffler bolts on the bottom two screws, the exhaust port on the 460 cylinder sticks out about a 1/4" longer than the 044 with the heat shield.

BTW Bowtie, I settled in around the 14,400 range on mine and it's holding together just fine, don't let'em talk you out of it....... I can't even pick up my 460 anymore. :laugh: :cheers:

Last edited:
Back