Big Dawg 5100SA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttinscott

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well was reading here this afternoon about members wanting larger spike bars for the PS5100SA. Made these Proto's tonight based off the PS9010 spike bar. If these are of your liking I can get Timberwolf Mfg. My Firewood splitter manufacturer to run them through a waterjet. Let me know what you think..

Pics to follow

Scott

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

How about an outside dawg like the smaller unit that come on the saw? Does Dolmar offer a smaller one for it or can you do one?

BTW I love what you did! Nice work.

Looks really nice, a definite improvement over the small single setup.

Any interest in making a slightly smaller set for the 64/73/7900? TonyM had come up with these a while back, but nothing ever came of it so far as I know. I'd be very interested in something with a little less protrusion and perhaps four or five points instead of the three that are standard on the 7900.

attachment.php

Well, I have gone so far as to draw them up in AutoCAD and troll for interest in this thread: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=36402&highlight=accessories

I have a .dxf file ready to go. I was going to have the left spike made, the one with 4 points. I put them out for quote, and unless I could sell at least 25 of them, I couldn't justify making them. Minimum order of 20 pieces, with set-up fees, etc. was going to come out to $22/piece - couldn't fork out that kind of cash with such limited (committed) interest. Scott, if you want to partner up on this, it would be sweet. :cheers: I'll PM you.

computeruser said:

Any interest in making a slightly smaller set for the 64/73/7900?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dolmar does have a smaller 4 point design for the PS7900 series available in Germany I will see if they can be special ordered

Scott

cuttinscott said:
computeruser said:

Any interest in making a slightly smaller set for the 64/73/7900?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dolmar does have a smaller 4 point design for the PS7900 series available in Germany I will see if they can be special ordered

Scott

I want huge spikes on my 5100s... Huge got to make it look tough...

Factory Dolmar smaller spikes

computeruser said:
Any interest in making a slightly smaller set for the 64/73/7900? TonyM had come up with these a while back, but nothing ever came of it so far as I know. I'd be very interested in something with a little less protrusion and perhaps four or five points instead of the three that are standard on the 7900.
They are out there from the dolmar factory for 6400,7300,7900. Here is some that came from the factory new. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/traktorist2222/DolmarPS7900neu2.jpg

Curious,,,,

Ive always been a Sthil/Husky kind of guy over here in East Texas, The Sachs Dolmar dealer closest to me is about 85 mi. away was just wonderin what a fella would have to pay for the 5100 or the 7900 series saws,,,,,
I cut fire wood and work on saws for my buds who are in the tree industry we do everything from clearing lots for construction/ stump removal to tree care.
Some of the work is clean and some is as dirty as it gets :)

rickwpowell said:
Ive always been a Sthil/Husky kind of guy over here in East Texas, The Sachs Dolmar dealer closest to me is about 85 mi. away was just wonderin what a fella would have to pay for the 5100 or the 7900 series saws,,,,,
I cut fire wood and work on saws for my buds who are in the tree industry we do everything from clearing lots for construction/ stump removal to tree care.
Some of the work is clean and some is as dirty as it gets :)
5100S $349-$409
7900 $599-$689

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/traktorist2222/DolmarPS7900neu2.jpg

After seeing this picture (ignore the handle) I think maybe I should call my Dolmar the beluga saw instead of the bubblesaw. I'll try it..belugasaw belugasaw belugasaw. nope. Too hard to say - I'll stick with bubblesaw.

At first I was disappointed with the look of the black caps, but it has grown on me.

B_Turner said:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/traktorist2222/DolmarPS7900neu2.jpg

After seeing this picture (ignore the handle) I think maybe I should call my Dolmar the beluga saw instead of the bubblesaw. I'll try it..belugasaw belugasaw belugasaw. nope. Too hard to say - I'll stick with bubblesaw.

At first I was disappointed with the look of the black caps, but it has grown on me.
I priced new cylinder cover for $19 and a new air filter cover for $10 in black. So if you decide to go with the red covers and want to sale your black ones let me know ok?

I'll trade black for red. My red 7900 ad a mishap ( not my doing, long story) and I ordered red covers to replace what was original. Can't get red anymore so I have nearly new black ones to trade for decent red ones. PM me.

Latest posts

Back