Big dawgs for my MS211

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epalmerson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My CAD really got a hold of me this weekend, spent a bunch of time in the shop working on an 025, swapping out a couple bars, and building these mini 4-point big dawgs for my 211. I know I'll loose a little useable bar length but thats ok. They ought to grab a little better than the stock ones though! Not quite finished filing and drilling yet but I think they're looking alright, what do you guys think?

246796d1343678298-img_1083-jpg

246797d1343678298-img_1055-jpg

I guess my only question is why on a 211? They look great.

Agree. I thought the post would be a joke with some humongous ones but they are actually reasonable and will look good on it. Don't see the need for them though. A 211 doesn't have the 'oomph' to really benefit (I run a 210 as my trim/limb saw).

Harry K

I know there's no real need for them, just thought it'd be a fun excuse to break out the grinders and files and build something on a Saturday afternoon. The 211 just happened to be the guinea pig saw.

I know there's no real need for them, just thought it'd be a fun excuse to break out the grinders and files and build something on a Saturday afternoon. The 211 just happened to be the guinea pig saw.

They are good. I like your new spikes, Bud. Never stop dreaming and doing.

"Why a V8 chainsaw," or "Why a Nuclear-Powered submarine?" many will ask.

Because this is the United States of America, that's why. There has never been a place like her before. There is no other place like her now. And there won't never be a better place again. So that's how we roll.

Those are great looking dawgs. You did a great job. Any pics of it with the dawg mounted on the saw?

I like em too.

I fell 12" trees with my echo 352, and dawgs would be handy for that. Yeah, it's my limbing/little **** cutter saw, but it cuts a lot of wood before the big trees are ready for jonny.

The mini big dawgs look great, nice work. There needs be no reason, this is America damnit! Freedom!! But now, you must make matching one for the clutch cover, or the chairman of the people's republic will be most disappointed, as all things must be equal.

Last edited:
Well here they are painted up and mounted on the saw. Wishing now that I had pointed the lowest dawg downward more for a little better initial bite into the wood. Still very pleased with them however! You can kind of see my muffler mod in one of the photos as well.

Well here they are painted up and mounted on the saw. Wishing now that I had pointed the lowest dawg downward more for a little better initial bite into the wood. Still very pleased with them however! You can kind of see my muffler mod in one of the photos as well.
Bad ass:rock:

Great job, I could use one like that on my 261.

Ya that'd be a cool set up. I did the dual dawg set up on my 261 but with the smaller stock sized dawgs. I removed the roller chain catcher part and reshaped the lowest dawg just because I thought the chain catcher looked kind of funny without the larger skirted side cover like the R model big saws come with.

212089d1324250747-ms261-jpg

212097d1324250923-ms-261-2-jpg

Back