Big load pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGrunt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Had a good day of cutting came out with 2 trailers loads both were loaded the same. And a pictures of our wood bins, we have another one on the other side of the piles too, and it is just as big.

Thats cool. How come no wrap handles on them nice Huskies? I know, its just a PNW thing. Way to go, lots of wood, good pics.

How do you like the clamp on forks?? What's the source, Northern Tool or something?

Can't believe three guys broke a sweat on that little load. :hmm3grin2orange:

The forks on the tractor are home made, 2x3x1/4" channel with a pipe between the 2 to keep them from twisting. We love the forks, you don't have to get of the tractor to pick up the logs and you can stack them higher than use a chain. The trailer is 6'6"x10' and is rated at 10'000 pounds. Sure makes it nice to just dump the load where we want it. Want ot put metal stakes on the for the sides so we could stack it even taller. Both of the loads the trailer dumped without a problem, so we can put more weight in it.

Last edited:
Wow, three guys and four wood bins, do you each have one, and the other is for overflow? :)

Looks like you can sure get 'er done, thats a nice days work for sure, thanks for taking the time to take pics and post.

Hey you guys were out cutting without me!!!
No Dolmar on the load :greenchainsaw:

We sure handled some wood today though!!

nice to see a johnny red in the mix!

I had an 820 I like a lot. It seized up and I traded for a new 44... I payed some bucks too.
I later found half used oil mix bottles in the shop. The guy doing the gas screwd up big time. A few saws got it and a new 66 too. Well the 66 he put straight gas in.
A Stihl will run for a long time on half of the oil it is supposed to have it seems.

It may not be firewood but thought I would show you a little(5 trees) big(overhanging the trailer) load from last week. Starting to wind down the Christmas tree harvest and its time to knock down some bigger ones. There are 6 Balsam Firs on the trailer. 5 were baled, 14-16 footers, but the last was too big for our baler, its about 8' wide at the base and 22' tall. It took 4 of us to role it onto the trailer. Its the largest I can remember us doing for quite some time. As a rule we harvest about 75-80 Balsam & Fraser 12'-20'.

These trees are going to churches but most are for private homes.

110408_095701.jpg

110408_095800.jpg

It may not be firewood but thought I would show you a little(5 trees) big(overhanging the trailer) load from last week. Starting to wind down the Christmas tree harvest and its time to knock down some bigger ones. There are 6 Balsam Firs on the trailer. 5 were baled, 14-16 footers, but the last was too big for our baler, its about 8' wide at the base and 22' tall. It took 4 of us to role it onto the trailer. Its the largest I can remember us doing for quite some time. As a rule we harvest about 75-80 Balsam & Fraser 12'-20'.

These trees are going to churches but most are for private homes.

110408_095701.jpg

110408_095800.jpg

What does a tree like that bring?

Scott

If my memory is right, wholesale is about $60 and retail for about $125 in the areas we sell in. Thats for a Balsam in the 18'-20' range, price goes down with less height.

Latest posts

Back