Big load today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
255434d1349312593-imag0342-jpg

255435d1349312716-imag0343-jpg

That looks great! I think you may have found the limit to that trailer.

255434d1349312593-imag0342-jpg

255435d1349312716-imag0343-jpg

That looks great! I think you may have found the limit to that trailer.
And my truck! Trailer has breaks! But once in town the light changed to orange during rush hour and I was at the point of either gunning it or breaking. I opted to break and the last 10' was front tires barking and smoking! LOL.

So what does the loading and unloading?

Skid steer with forks loaded me. I'm just gonna go backwards really fast and hit the brakes to unload. Lol. Nah. I'll mark the logs with my mingo and start cuttin and roll em off.

Naw, I can see where he could have fit a couple more smaller diameter logs. :laugh:

Andy
Ha! I have been there before. I actually had the guy at the scrapyard come out of the building and look in the bed of my truck at the scrapyard when I put "just a few more small pieces" in it. He didn't believe the scale. :dizzy:

Looks like the white oak log should go to the stave bolt mill. They pay $1 a board foot for a log like that. that notch would take a few bucks off but not bad. Nice load though.

Scott

I Like What I Saw

I like the trailer and I like the load on the trailer. Just lookin' at that load makes me want to get my saw out and go to work.

Have and good one and be careful.
Nosmo

Nice load of wood. Question for you, how/where do you come up with logs like that for firewood? Just curious so I can maybe explore more venues.

I surf craigslist mostly. Or word of mouth. Guy is clearing out a lot in town. He was selling the wood split up, but the owner of the lot wants it cleaned out faster. So he reposted ad logs for firewood! I probably have just under 2 cord on there. I paid $80 for the logs. Not bad. I know I can't fetch them out of the woods for that!

My Dolmars made quick work tonight.

Reminds me of a time some mexicans wanted to buy some gravel. They had a chevy 1500 and a double axle dump trailer. They wanted the trailer full and some in the bed of the truck. I told them it would not work but they said to do go ahead. Filled the trailer and started putting some in the bed when the tires exploded. They had a big load but where going no where fast.

seeing that beautiful white oak log turned into firewood makes me sad!

That's what I told my wife last night during supper!!! Even the red oak was a nice log too. But I don't know of a good mill locally. I had one 3 miles away but it's shut down. :msp_mad: GRRRR

It will keep my family warm though!

Back