Big oak.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mange

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got a call yesterday asking if I had any long bars. I told them I had 28" on the Jonny 910. They asked me to come up to their cabin to help in their garden. 60 000 square meters of park.
Here is the results.
It turned out to be one 60 and one 62 inch oak, I did not get through, completely.
The pics are very bad, but I was filming and these pics are from that film.

#1) Is the largest tree.
#2) Is the resoult of Hurricane Gudrun!
#3) Is the cabin.
#4) Is one of the many traces here of the war between Sweden and Denmark. A guard house.

Hi Mange, thanks for the pictures. That is a big oak and I like the cottage.
Not trying to be critical or nothing, but it looks like your pictures started out clear, but somehow the quality was manipulated out of them thru a photo program.
Anyway, speaking of Oak, here is a picture I took of one on Tues. Although I didn't measure it, it looks like it is 60 inches across at the stump maybe more.
John
Michelle.jpg

Sorry, Mange, it pays for me to read the whole post lol. I noticed aftr the fact that you had taken the pics from a clip, hence the lower quality. Obviously I'm not the expert I was professing to be. My bad!
Speaking of unclear pictures, heres a picture of my skidder in the moonlight when I went to the drive-in.
John
mvc-003s.jpg

I think it is impossible to get good resoults out of a bad beginning.
If you like I can get better pics tomorrow, with the camera.

I am very little interested in taking pics or video for that ,matter, but i enjoy watching it very much.
I feel that you posted so much that I want to contribute at least with poor stuff, so you get a idea where I come from.

The Hurricane, Gudrun put down close to 10 000 cubic meters of timber at this estate only!!!
He will get out about 2/3 of it's value. Many here has suffered greatly from this hurricane, it was the strongest in 250 years at least. I looked at the news and talk wit people in the industry a lot, so I get a fair wiew, but it is hard to explain.

For ex. 15 "loggers" has been killed during the work created by Gudrun. 8 was not in the work otherwise, and wanted to save some money by doing the work.................
The others where careless an tired.

Logging trucks, Harvesters and other equippment has come to help from all over Euroupe. Many from Litauan, and Germany. I even saw one from Italy, but he might have made a bad turn somewhere :p

Mange said:
#1) Is the largest tree.
#2) Is the resoult of Hurricane Gudrun!
#3) Is the cabin.
#4) Is one of the many traces here of the war between Sweden and Denmark. A guard house.

hey Mange,

what where the years of the war between Sweden and Denamrk??
I'm normally good with history, but i didnt realize this had happened...

Ron

I am really bad at history, so I could be wrong, but I think it was in signed in Roskilde in Denmark 1658.
There was something 1645, but I do not remember what that was about.
To remember is that previus this Sweden was a big union/nation, not unlike England, this ended 1658. Norway and Finland was still Swedish, but the Baltics where not anymore. I am far out on a limb here, I can look in to this better if you like.

Hi 056, that's my 15 yr. old daughter Michelle. It was one of those special school days she got to spend with her Ole Dad. She was on her bicycle the previous day and got hit by a car, but she's alright though but took the day off anyway.
John

This is true, and you have atleast 4 logtrucks here as well.
I live by the read where much of the timber is transported.
if it is to be stored for milling, or go to Litauen it passes be here. In avrege here comes about 10 trucks / hour 24-7, so I get to see much of the wood ;)

It has been approved by the Sweden road department, to load 4-8 tons more/load a bit different to different trucks.

The paper industry has been hard on the load regulations for a long time, this is a good thing, since many have too big loads for the roads here.

If you are interested I can go to the big fields of timber and snap off a few shots, I mean to do that anyway I can post them here if you like.

Back