Big Red - back to work! (Wood hauler - old chevy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MofoG23

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd share a couple pictures of my wood hauler (finally on the road). I recently replaced the front clip and clutch (some other minor engine work), so this past weekend I got to put it to work. I did not want to load it much past the bed since I was hauling the wood approx 35 miles away (mostly highway). I'll be building some bed rails soon...

Its a 1976 K20 with a basically stock 350 (SM465,NP205, 14 bolt FF rear and 4:10 gears) - 72k on the clock.

Figured if there were any old chevy fans out there, you might enjoy seeing another "square" on the road doing some work... :rock:

202992d1318711651-truck1-jpg

202993d1318711652-truck2-jpg

Last edited:
Nice one!

Nice and *square*...I bet it felt good to finally do something with it!

Mine should be ready to work sometime this winter. Haven't worked on it much, just some, doesn't really need all that much more. Mine is an 84 c/k 10 bubba hybrid 4x4, diesel. It has two tanks now, thinking of a third using a suburban rear tank, in lieu of that spare tire holder thing in the back. Not sure on bedrails, maybe do an over the cab high topper instead, home made, with drop down sides.

Nice truck I got an 84 k5 myself.Hoping to have a new trans within a month so I can rip it in the snow storms this year.Last year was fun as hell out there with the 4wd ripping it up.
Here's my money pit.
1053.jpg

Latest posts

Back