Biggest equipment and .....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brush Hog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Be alittle over your head and make up on quantity of jobs. I know this sounds dumb but wait. I'd love to show up to a job with "oversized equipment" and bang the job out in no time. Whole tree chipper, tractor/small skidder, and BIG chip truck. O.K. now back to reality and another beer:). I'm just thinking out loud because I bid on a job that borders on land clearing. It would be nice though wouldn't it. If ya can't dream might as well be dead right.
Pete

Not enough because I'm back to reality:biggrinbounce2: and heading to work. I guess I've watched the land clearing guys alittle too long playing with thier toys :bowdown:

Saw a show a while back about this massive tub grinder a company was using. It was pulled by a tractor-trailer. I think it cost about 2 mil. Pretty impressive.

Be alittle over your head and make up on quantity of jobs. I know this sounds dumb ....

Pete

Not a decision you want to make on beer. Economists call it "Return on Investment" I think.

Last week I saw a crew show up to remove a 12" dbh X 70' pine with a 100' crane, 4 men, and a chipper. The tree was streight, in the wide open, no threat to anything except an underground sprinkler system. In an hour there was no trace of the tree or the crew except a low cut stump and they charged the lady $800.

I would have thought it would have been about a 4 hour job max including disposal for 1 climber, a helper, a trailer, and a pickup truck for maybe $400.

If you were sure you could knock out 5 or 6 of those in a 10 hour day maybe the extra equipment would pay out. But I would hate to think of all that machinery and all those people sitting around for half a day if you could only line up a couple of jobs.

We had a big boom in tree work and in new construction down here after Katrina. Several companys invested heavily in equipment. Things are slowing down now and I think the banks are going to own a lot of new houses and some very nice heavy equipment.

Saw a show a while back about this massive tub grinder a company was using. It was pulled by a tractor-trailer. I think it cost about 2 mil. Pretty impressive.

They sure have gotten expensive then, even it that is canadian dollars. When I got my BC1800 in 98' the top of the line vermeer tub grinder was right about $500K. 96,000 lbs and what a pain to transport I bet. Over weight and needing special permits and all.

They sure have gotten expensive then, even it that is canadian dollars. When I got my BC1800 in 98' the top of the line vermeer tub grinder was right about $500K. 96,000 lbs and what a pain to transport I bet. Over weight and needing special permits and all.

Memory is not what it use to be. Was in U.S. dollars, thought it was 2 mil. could have been less, I do remember it was a lot, but wow could this thing eat wood.

we are in the land clearing bis and have a grinder and i know the bis pretty well and the diamond z is a top of the line tub grinder with a 1000HP and it is under a mill

I'm a small time guy but I still do big work. I have to meet my crane guy tomorrow to look at 4 trees and plan out our setup. 3 at a residence and 1 over a building downtown. I pay an owner operator for the crane service and I charge a heck of a lot more than $800 for a tree. I also dropped off a proposal to do a large job for an entire condominium complex yesterday... Haven't heard back from them yet... If i get this one it will be my biggest sale. Rain day today but I still have to look at two more trees. 1 of them sounds like another crane job. :)

Well, just got a call from the property manager at the condos... I got the Job. :D

Along with the 4 aerial lifts, I should be set for the Winter!!! :)

Be alittle over your head and make up on quantity of jobs. I know this sounds dumb but wait. I'd love to show up to a job with "oversized equipment" and bang the job out in no time. Whole tree chipper, tractor/small skidder, and BIG chip truck. O.K. now back to reality and another beer:). I'm just thinking out loud because I bid on a job that borders on land clearing. It would be nice though wouldn't it. If ya can't dream might as well be dead right.
Pete

I'll bring the CAT 797B for you to blow chips into, it'll hold 400 tons. Only hope the chipper is up to the task!

OK Jumper I'll get you the address:hmm3grin2orange: but I might need a bigger chipper. LOL

OK Jumper I'll get you the address:hmm3grin2orange: but I might need a bigger chipper. LOL

hay bro i got your back with this set up we could fill it in about 8 hr.

attachment.php

:rock: I've got to wipe the drool off my keyboard. Do you turn that into mulch or compost ?? Also how much acreage do you have ? I'm seriously considering opening up a green cycle facility. Just alot smaller to start with but landscapers/tree professionals don't have anywhere to dump around here plus it's good for the environment:biggrinbounce2: What size loaders are loading the beast ??
Pete

the loader at the grinder is a 966 cat and the one coming up behind it is a L70 Volvo. we sell the wood chips to a power co. and the mulch to a co that makes compost. that area off to the left (the 3 brown piles)has a 3 product shaker screen set up and in the top left of the pic is a red unit that collers chips that we bag and sell for big $$$:clap:

Latest posts

Back