Birch Tree Help Please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdmp22

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Birch Tree (I think...lol) that got a little strangled by a vine that grew over from the neighbor's tree and one branch is pretty dead, plus that branch is fairly obtrusive and leans over pretty good to the point it makes me a little nervous.

I am not the type to just kill trees because I don't like them...I would like to keep the tree as much as possible, but have no experience in trimming a branch/trunk when it is at the base in order to keep the tree. in the pic below is a red line of what my untrained, unexperienced brain thinks would be the best idea....

What say you?

Here is a pic

IMG_20110707_181710.jpg

Thanks in advance

Might post a few more pics.Wouldn't mind seeing the entire tree.And removing at that spot seems fine.like poking around in people's backyards via photos....nosy....:laugh:

Last edited:
Might post a few more pics.Wouldn't mind seeing the entire tree.And removing at that spot seems fine.like poking around in people's backyards via photos....nosy....:laugh:

Thanks, I will try and get a few more, my main concern is removing it right there at the trunk/ground/split.....

But it does sound weird you want pics of somebody's wood in their backyard :eek: lol

:laugh:....Lot of the stuff on this site is east coast.And My interest being trees,I get to see stuff I normally don't see...professional curiosity.Don't gotta post'em if ya don't want!:msp_razz:Whack it...sack it!

Last edited:
Back