Biscuit Fire, 2002 - Burn Salvage Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that was a pretty knarly fire , anybody on here work that ,? good post.

I remember reading two bogus journal articles in a forest ecology class, one biased anti-logging about how the salvage logging destroyed the regen, and a second, (I believe out of OSU, a recent recipient of a large donation from a helilogging outfit, who logged a bunch of it?) biased as well, about how great the logging was in regards to the regen.

One of the most take home messages I got out of my last school experience was what the manipulation of data can do to make your statistics help prove your point.

Great pictures, thanks for posting.

FW- I might have tracked down a gig to keep A.P. and SIL busy for a spell, I'll look in to it tomorrow

I've got some pictures from there, I'll see if I can't get them posted...

When that fire was burning, it smoked us out and laid down ash. You know who took me to the store, there were tourists wondering what the smoke and ash were. Without cracking a smile, my elder told them that "testing" had occured and the ash was fallout. They left town in a hurry. Some people should not be let out in public.

Latest posts

Back