Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on down.....

I put on several Boston Butts.....then we pull em. This year I'll make some NC style vinegar based BBQ sauce.

I might have to. I still have that little ms250 you did for me years ago. Fellow tree guys who run stock 261’s can’t believe that thing. Perfect crane saw. Little ripper.

I might have to. I still have that little ms250 you did for me years ago. Fellow tree guys who run stock 261’s can’t believe that thing. Perfect crane saw. Little ripper.

Glad to hear it's still making you money. That's what it's all about at the end of the day. Who cares if one guy does it this way....or another does it that way? It's about the saw starting when it's supposed to, and holding together so it can do a job. If it has a little extra something......well, that's nice too.

Looks good but Scotts put some mean hybrid videos up that are lighter and angry.

When are you going to build something Frank!!! We’re dying to see the skills!!!!!!!!!
I’m working on a 441c and obviously a 462c ... If all goes well the 441c should be done this week

Frank Rizzo said:
picked up about 6% gain with this tuned-pipe exhaust ...

Frank Rizzo said:
Yah , think FLOW my friend ... more air thru engine more power - basic physics 101 ... the outlet on the stock can is too restrictive ... a 2.5” Long pipe protruding into the can makes for nice gains especially when the orchestra is playing in tune ! The pipe I have on is a bit large for the stock saw but when hot-woods ported should flow-nicely ... what’s nice is that you can turn down another pc of stock to a loose press-fit INSIDE the tube already affixed and monkey around with the outlet size (tube in pic is .875 until one gets the best of both worlds )relatively quickly and inexpensively without the need to butcher the can as the 462c has a removable cover held on by 4 t-27 bolts!

It finally dawned on me what Mr Fabian is so confused and blathering on about with his ignorant misuse of the term ‘tuned pipe’ and mistaking a pipe-stub-stuck-in-a-can for one.

It’s the thing about the relationship of the amount of back pressure provided by the muffler, to the amount of blowdown.
While there is some basis in fact there, it seems to be more relevant/advantageous, in a small way, to relatively choked up stock configurations with a lot of blowdown. With some saws it can be at least noticeable and some not so much.
Once things are opened up and breathing well the advantage of ‘tuning’ the outlet to blowdown seems to be negligible and pretty much becomes bigger is better, bigger to a degree anyway. Any 'optimization' past that is more about noise level vs power gain...

150-180 on a work Saw will allow it to rev depending on displacement... on a racing Saw even less ... in fact one can take the SAME motor and LOWER its compression and simply make more Hp ... why ??? Rpms baby , RPMs ...

Still goes back to him reading too much Wojo and other obsolete disproven nonsense (like compression over 180psi killing revs) that has little relevance to porting work saws.
Sort of makes me laugh to think that Frank/Gary got sucked into a bunch of sales hype bs from someone with tactics so similar to his own.

Sometime further up the road it will be a Piltz style bar and sprocket setup, lol.
Though maybe not because judging by his saw videos, he seems to be afraid of what big wood and long bars will do to his gains…

Does that mean we can count on seeing you there? I think you'd have a great time. Lots of bad ass saws to run.....and you could watch me lose the build off in my own back yard......well, over at my big barn.
We shall see

Yea frank why always using the short barz, I guess your builds fall flat on there face when a normal size bar is used? Woods porting means a work saw you seem to build cant saws. Never any oak and never anything to show some torque, which I would say is a must in woods ported saw. The build threads that you were harassing all used long bars, which show what the saws got. 16" bar on a 76cc saw means nothing.

When are you going to build something Frank!!! We’re dying to see the skills!!!!!!!!!
Here’s a 660 hot woods ported running pig rich for break-in ... lotsa torque-e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back