Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill.....you coming to the GTG in NY this year? Looking forward to being there myself.

Sure will, hope to see you there again. Might try to make it on Friday for the 'pre show', lol...
Shame you can't make Dan's too, a bit more relaxed and you don't get spread so thin.

One of these years I'll make it to Tennessee.
I envy DDave-the-gtg-whore, I thinks he makes all of them...

Old 621 ... hmm don’t hear any rpms but lotsa low-mid range power ... probably use all ya got on the dogs and not big it out ! Maybe for YOU but not what I’m after

My point on those was simply an example of running what you consider hi comp and they have no problem with detonation as you claim they should.
They were designed as production saws and held up well, including the low ends.
And if you port 'em, they will spin too... In spite of the torque producing hi comp...

Hi comp... torque and revs...
What's not to like...?

My point on those was simply an example of running what you consider hi comp and they have no problem with detonation as you claim they should.
They were designed as production saws and held up well, including the low ends.
And if you port 'em, they will spin too... In spite of the torque producing hi comp...

Hi comp... torque and revs...
What's not to like...?
No ... that runs at 7700 rpm sir http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6af40002b8f7/11784e055d87ccf388256b690079200b ... I hardly consider that saw a Revver ! Torquey yes ! in fact it wasn’t DESIGNED to rev , certainly not at 230 lbs compression ... This is basic 101 2-stroke engine design ... if 230psi is so superior why don’t you “build” a Saw with 300Psi ? Certainly by your logic it would revolutionize the Saw industry ... when you have the video please showcase the work ...

No ... that runs at 7700 rpm sir http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6af40002b8f7/11784e055d87ccf388256b690079200b ... I hardly consider that saw a Revver ! Torquey yes ! in fact it wasn’t DESIGNED to rev , certainly not at 230 lbs compression ... This is basic 101 2-stroke engine design ... if 230psi is so superior why don’t you “build” a Saw with 300Psi ? Certainly by your logic it would revolutionize the Saw industry ... when you have the video please showcase the work ...
Poor comparison......would your low compression work at 12 psi

Sure will, hope to see you there again. Might try to make it on Friday for the 'pre show', lol...
Shame you can't make Dan's too, a bit more relaxed and you don't get spread so thin.

One of these years I'll make it to Tennessee.
I envy DDave-the-gtg-whore, I thinks he makes all of them...

I wish I could make Dan's. Just not enough time to hit em all.....well, unless you're Dave. LOL

I'd sure like to see you show up here Bill.

The more the merrier.

Poor comparison......would your low compression work at 12 psi
Compression and rpms inverse relationship ... basic 101 ... unless the laws of physics do not apply in your locale

This is getting to be a regular thing, I'm starting to suspect that you have reading comprehension issues.
I said "And if you port 'em, they will spin too..."
Port 'em... Get it? Comprehension 101....

If your point is true, then why don't you build yours at 120psi?
Because there's obviously a working range to all of this that's why, Duh..., you're the one always saying everything has to dance in step...
I've never said 150-180 is no good, it's just not the only way to go.

You're the one saying 200+ is detrimental to revs, in spite of boatloads of saws being built that way that will rev/tune higher than is healthy for the saw to be run.
Maybe 150 will be the sweet spot on your build, not where I'd be going is all.
I would bet, 'if you know what you're doing', the 462 would hit the rev limiter while pushing 200+...

Have you built a saw with 200psi and had to lower the comp to make it run? Please elaborate...
The tuning can get really dicey, particularly in the larger displacements... I've been there, but that's likely my own inexperience at play.

This is getting to be a regular thing, I'm starting to suspect that you have reading comprehension issues.

Because there's obviously a working range to all of this that's why, Duh..., you're the one always saying everything has to dance in step...

You're the one saying 200+ is detrimental to revs, in spite of boatloads of saws being built that way that will rev/tune higher than is healthy for the saw to be run.
I would bet, 'if you know what you're doing', the 462 would hit the rev limiter while pushing 200+...

Have you built a saw with 200psi and had to lower the comp to make it run? Please elaborate...
The tuning can get really dicey, particularly in the larger displacements... I've been there, but that's likely my own inexperience at play.

Just going by the fantastic machine work you did on that dyno Bill.....I'd say your "inexperience" is not a factor.

:laugh:

Again , you have your theories, we have ours ... Remember, we are obtaining our measurement by pulling a cord ... The actual # at “X” rpm may tell a different tale ... there is more than one way to skin a rabbit or make your wine

Frank, @Del_ You know the definition of insanity frank? It’s doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Kinda like how you act on all the forums?
I always loved that Einstein Qoute.
His funny philosophy of medical Science. If we gave him any credibility in medical science then most all of us would all be certifiable? Although he did change the Philosophy of Science.

Here is a few from the Theoretical Physicist that may hold some irony.

~If the facts don't fit the theory then change the facts.

~The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources

~ One t hing that interferes with my learning is my education.

~ Two things are infinite in life,
the universe and human stupidity
and the universe I'm not to sure about.

Many of his quotes relate to the human condition and are quite funny.

Ironically Jerry Seinfeld made more money in television playing himself with all his humour based on the human condition. Richest non production owner in the world, there it be TV and or movies.

Here is one for individuality (us individuals )

In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a Sheep

~Albert Einstein

^^^ That's self explanatory

Just because someone isn't with the Sheep, doesn't mean they are with the wolf either.

I don't see a need for a bunch of vigilance when there is no crime to speak of? Unethical perhaps?

I would hope the vigilants are too busy organizing to protect the childrens safety and future of their own neighborhoods and people are all here solely for an entertainment value then?

If my saws only made 160lbs of compression I'd be looking to see if I forgot the rings.
But I'm not big on building race saws either. Not even big on Hot woods ported saws. Just regular old work saws
There’s nothing wrong with 160lbs of compression as long as the MSV is correct ... regular old work saws are fine ... it’s just some guys prefer a little more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back