Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wood like to see some timed cuts of a completely broken in stock 462 vs a completely broken in muffler modded/timing advance saw vs a completely broken in ported saw from a reputable builder such as @Mastermind Worksaws or @crabby cooter and see the results. I wood be surprised if it’s more than a 10-15% gain.

im not one to piss on someones meth pipe but this is what u need to do frankie. After this current 462 you have bathes in the cauldron of performance and you are satisfied with the gains you achieved go get yourself that second 462 with our tax dollars, ooops i mean your super bowl winnings and dont give it a bath in the cauldron of performance. watch all your gains vanish like a fart in da wind as tank after tank gets run thru the second stock 462. your 25% gain will soon become 20 then 15 then 10..............soon after you will realize someone took a giant steaming dump in your cauldron of performance and you will be yelling MOMMA WE GOT A CODE BROWN DOWN HERE!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc I dread the thought of when the time comes for someone to ask me to port their 462. Not because of this Charlie Brown tree full of monkeys thread, but because they're kinda already hot woods ported from the factory. o_O
It’s very similar to the 241 imho ... The preliminary findings indicate up to 7.5hp+ with stock carb ... IF these gains are achieved and Saw is run with 20” bar it will be a light-Sabre thru the timber! I have both the 461 and 462 - longer bar (25” +) buried or rakers low the 461 takes - more cc 76.5 vs 72.2 ccs and broader power ... Hot-woods with 20” bar and kept in sweet - spot ? 462c ... Hotsaws101 video compare - O ... you can just hear the 462c wanting to rev 1C4552CC-788C-4571-A5FD-21531390B403.gif

It’s very similar to the 241 imho ... The preliminary findings indicate up to 7.5hp+ with stock carb ... IF these gains are achieved and Saw is run with 20” bar it will be a light-Sabre thru the timber! I have both the 461 and 462 - longer bar (25” +) buried or rakers low the 461 takes - more cc 76.5 vs 72.2 ccs and broader power ... Hot-woods with 20” bar and kept in sweet - spot ? 462c ... Hotsaws101 video compare - O ... you can just hear the 462c wanting to rev

so this video is you?

Here we are at 40 pages and STILL not a lick of saw building:laughing:
I posted a shot of the 441c cylinder a few pages back ... You guys are always whining - whining about this , whining about that - Give it a rest already

I posted a shot of the 441c cylinder a few pages back ... You guys are always whining - whining about this , whining about that - Give it a rest already
That exhaust port looks sweet! Haven’t seen many known builders polish it to that extreme except for maybe doc from mofo I think. I was under the assumption no additional gains were achieved past a certain point of polish. Do you notice better flow with the extreme polish vs a more rough final finish? Nice job

That exhaust port looks sweet! Haven’t seen many known builders polish it to that extreme except for maybe doc from mofo I think. I was under the assumption no additional gains were achieved past a certain point of polish. Do you notice better flow with the extreme polish vs a more rough final finish? Nice job
Thank you ... imho it deters carbon build up ... your mileage may vary

Thank you ... imho it deters carbon build up ... your mileage may vary
I attempted watching your video but it was too damn dark for me hahaha my eyes are not so good. I guess it’s more about sound anyway. Is that the 441 that your working on now looking for bigger gains?

I attempted watching your video but it was too damn dark for me hahaha my eyes are not so good. I guess it’s more about sound anyway. Is that the 441 that your working on now looking for bigger gains?
That’s Jack Hotsaws101 in the video ....should have a vid of the 441c hot-woods ported on my utube channel shortly ... the 462c build is at a standstill ... waiting for parts from dealer , hopefully next week but ...

That’s Jack Hotsaws101 in the video ....should have a vid of the 441c hot-woods ported on my utube channel shortly ... the 462c build is at a standstill ... waiting for parts from dealer , hopefully next week but ...
Yeah I knew it was jack, can’t mistake his voice for anyone hahaha. I’m a big fan and seen lots of his videos, one hell of a faller. I heard him say he was on the east coast and since that’s your area maybe you were filming and running the tach for him testing your 441 while he was visiting you. I will subscribe to your channel too so I don’t miss that 441 vid of yours

Your polishing skills are of extreme magnitude, now I understand all the PM's goin around here about other things you can polish well. Next video, please wear some pants that aren't gay. Believe it or not, you are NOT rockin the wore out camo PJ's and those fat girls knickers.

and for Christ sake..lace up them cheap ass boots. you must like the feel of sawdust in the boots.

Your polishing skills are of extreme magnitude, now I understand all the PM's goin around here about other things you can polish well. Next video, please wear some pants that aren't gay. Believe it or not, you are NOT rockin the wore out camo PJ's and those fat girls knickers.

and for Christ sake..lace up them cheap ass boots. you must like the feel of sawdust in the boots.

He can’t REACH his shoelaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back