Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason some of us have questioned Frank's abilities, and honesty is pretty simple.

We remember JMS.

Keep in mind that there are quite a few guys who build saw engines, and 90% of us get along very well, and share information with each other. We get together regularly to break bread and enjoy each other's company.

No one is here to keep Frank from taking our work.....we have plenty of that. It's about protecting the new member from a predator.

The reason some of us have questioned Frank's abilities, and honesty is pretty simple.

We remember JMS.

Keep in mind that there are quite a few guys who build saw engines, and 90% of us get along very well, and share information with each other. We get together regularly to break bread and enjoy each other's company.

No one is here to keep Frank from taking our work.....we have plenty of that. It's about protecting the new member from a predator.
Wood that be a black cat predator?

I will never be considered a master saw builder. I do good to just put a stock saw back together with all the parts in the right place. Years ago, I used to fool with race engines for dirt track cars. I didnt have the money to pour into a real race engine, so I had to make do with what I could find in the junk yards. One thing I did learn to get real performance was that to get power out, you had to get air in. Any air that flows in, has got to flow out. Head porting has always been the cheapest way to get gains. Once the air flows, then you start experimenting with fuel and compression. Then valve and ignition timing. Chainsaws rely on port timing instead of valves and camshafts. Chainsaws dont have distributors you can just turn a little bit to advance or retard timing. The principle should still be the same. Raising and lowering or wideing ports is like changeing overlap with lobe centers on a cam. Need the ports to stay open longer, get a cam with a bigger bump, or for a chainsaw, open up the transfers. What ever it takes to get the fuel mix in the cylinder. Instead of turning the distributor for ignition, on a chainsaw, you got to change the location of the flywheel, I personally dont think you can read a book and automaticly know what to do or how much is to much. It would take a lot of experimenting to find the right combinations of port size, timing and ignition to get the maximum gains possible. This would only come from doing lots of saws and lots of testing. For someone to go on a forum and admit they have never ported a saw and then start telling me how I should port a saw, or that they know a better way and can do a better job than someone that has been porting saws for years, well its almost laughable. I have read probably every thread on porting saws on this forum and several others. I have also done a lot of Google research on the subject. I now feel qualified to start my own thread on porting saws. You should all pay attention to what I have to say. Nobody can port a saw like I can, Move over Brad and Randy, and I apologise in advance for taking away all your potential customers. I know when I tell everybody the bast way to build a saw, no one will ever read your threads again.

I hope everyone can see the sarcasim I am expressing. I am just upset that a thread about porting saws, and has grown to 47 pages, doesnt have one bit of usefull information.

We remember JMS.

Yah I’m so glad you’ve donned your cape and tights to “protect” new members from predators ! Can you show us a pic? Lol ... That’s a bit of a stretch on your end there ol bird legs insinuating that because JMS is / was a “ “ that ol Frankie is cut from the same cloth ... I think most people can decide who they want to / not want to do business with without the “Saw police” stepping in and saving the day ! For the record ... I prefer to keep my business / how’s and whys behind the shop walls ... Exchange of info is great - character assassination by proxy ... not so much so

We remember JMS.

Well I don’t think frank is the least bit worried about you taking work from him at all. I attempted to get him to port my 362RCM, but he is so backed up with work that he can’t meet my time requirements. He gracefully refused and referred me to his partner jack on the west coast, but unfortunately he is swamped with work also. Sounds like frank and jack’s business (hotsaws101) has all the work they can handle.

Well I don’t think frank is the least bit worried about you taking work from him at all. I attempted to get him to port my 362RCM, but he is so backed up with work that he can’t meet my time requirements. He gracefully refused and referred me to his partner jack on the west coast, but unfortunately he is swamped with work also. Sounds like frank and jack’s business (hotsaws101) has all the work they can handle.

I am very new here, do you honestly think that nobody can tell that you are this Frank Rizzo character using a different username? Its blatantly obvious.

I am very new here, do you honestly think that nobody can tell that you are this Frank Rizzo character using a different username? Its blatantly obvious.
Not even close bub, my name is Steve, I have one other user name bonanzass123 that got banned yesterday for some unknown reason but the administration is working out why and It should be reinstated shortly.

insinuating that because JMS is / was a “ “ that ol Frankie is cut from the same cloth ...

The 'same cloth' is mostly in the dishonesty part, at least JMS could actually port a saw, do a real build thread and share a bit of info.
Could be the only reason you're not worse is you haven't been given the chance to screw anyone yet...

So the Stihl saws featured in this thread have been tinkered with by reputable porters modifiers& have been found to perform well OAB when run in, gains have been achieved by modding but then found to decrease as the saw got run in, the opinion being the more or less stock saw was only a short way behind the port job & probably used less fuel & hadn't had the $'s spent "modding" to the money making operative this is the way to go I know it would be my route so be fore condemning it to spanners & fordom burr & possible better way would be to try & find/see if any one had looked into this side of things but as always the guy with the desire /cash to have work done will always be the chooser

I read and absorbed a lot of info before trying any porting. I have done exactly 2 of my saws and have plans to go back into both for some additional gains. Just a cabin fever thing ya know.

Masterminds spot on. While first studying the collective knowledge I found especially here a ton of info and theory posted by JMS. A very prolific poster with a large fan base.

Never bought his services and realized much of his theory was just BS posted by a guy who didn't have the necessary tools to do a professional job.

While some of his technique yielded results, a lot were just work arounds to his lack of tooling and experience. But go back and read some of his posts. He was convincing and the fanboys echoing praises made him even more credible.

This OP has yet to prove up anything. Even a amateur can see his method is flawed looking for intake and exhaust tweaks prior to the internals.

Experts will point out velocity stacks are all but a complete waste of money on a work saw. So now the OP knows better than the guys who have been doing this for years, decades even?

The goal appears to be for him to develop a flow enhanced intake adapter to market to the gullible. Hey its the american way! A fool and his money... Are soon parted.

Scott and Julian did a stock comparison vid on a nib 462 vs 461. This is AFTER Scott had the 462 figured out. There’s supposed to be an after video after both saws were ported. There’s no after video and I know why, because the gains he got on that unbroken in 462 is far far less than what he had in his R&D 462. He had these saws for weeks and weeks, I’m not buying that the saws are not done yet
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/saw-video-thread.328986/#post-6799492
This is nothing at all about Scott so don’t take it that way. He is the master and I have the upmost respect for him. This is simply about that this saw is HOT out of the box Once broken in and the gains achieved are minimal at best.

Life has been throwing Scott a lot of curve balls lately, I think it's just as likely he's got more pressing matters to deal with than further experimenting with the 462's...

Hey dikhead let me explain what happened in your conversation with him since your such a fuggin idiot......you unknowingly called him out on his bullchit! He can’t port your saw because well......HE CANT PORT SAWS! hey at least he is an honest fraud! Bahahahaha! And his partner jack? Yeah maybe jackoff is his partner. He is a leg humper wishing he was born in the land and time of old growth.

Life has been throwing Scott a lot of curve balls lately, I think it's just as likely he's got more pressing matters to deal with than further experimenting with the 462's...
Yes I’m very aware of this, the family property, the health issues, and I’m also almost positive both saws are completed. Again I wood like to reiterate this is nothing about Scott or his excellent work, it’s about the 462 not having much left in it to extract.

So the Stihl saws featured in this thread have been tinkered with by reputable porters modifiers& have been found to perform well OAB when run in, gains have been achieved by modding but then found to decrease as the saw got run in, the opinion being the more or less stock saw was only a short way behind the port job & probably used less fuel & hadn't had the $'s spent "modding" to the money making operative this is the way to go I know it would be my route so be fore condemning it to spanners & fordom burr & possible better way would be to try & find/see if any one had looked into this side of things but as always the guy with the desire /cash to have work done will always be the chooser
Sort of, the gains were not lost, they were just diminished compared to a broken in STOCK saw

Not even close bub, my name is Steve, I have one other user name bonanzass123 that got banned yesterday for some unknown reason but the administration is working out why and It should be reinstated shortly.
So Frank is Gary and now Steve, or is it Steve is Frank and now Gary or is it Gary is Steve and Frank or......:dizzy:

Yah I’m so glad you’ve donned your cape and tights to “protect” new members from predators ! Can you show us a pic? Lol ... That’s a bit of a stretch on your end there ol bird legs insinuating that because JMS is / was a “ “ that ol Frankie is cut from the same cloth ... I think most people can decide who they want to / not want to do business with without the “Saw police” stepping in and saving the day ! For the record ... I prefer to keep my business / how’s and whys behind the shop walls ... Exchange of info is great - character assassination by proxy ... not so much so
you are a true narcissist DA...………...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back