Black Walnut Curbside.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Caught this thing trying to hail a cab so we layed it down and picked it up.

No hard hat on the Old Man and I don't want to here about it from some know it all PPE Nazi. He's in a yard dropping a Walnut not in the PNW dropping a 200' Red for crying out loud. No ear plugs either, he can't here anyway. Wait a minute, he might just...........wait...........no glasses to boot. Enjoy the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_XSKcx0sUY

Last edited:
Sweet nails.

The old man looks to be in fine form to me. :cheers:

Nice chevy too...needs tires though no?? Should put a posi in that thing, if it dont already have one.

Sweet nails.

The old man looks to be in fine form to me. :cheers:

Nice chevy too...needs tires though no?? Should put a posi in that thing, if it dont already have one.

Thanks MDS. My Old Man is an absolute machine, just an oldschool workhorse.

The Chevy needs tires, but with the duals I like to wait until one goes flat, that way I know I'm getting maximum wear. :cheers:

Thanks MDS. My Old Man is an absolute machine, just an oldschool workhorse.

The Chevy needs tires, but with the duals I like to wait until one goes flat, that way I know I'm getting maximum wear. :cheers:

Nice Post! The notch looked alittle chaindull maybe newbar! Nice to have room and big or some what big equipment. Ya that guy looked like he went to the school of hard notch!!

Ya you can have it!!

Nice looking logs, nails? You guys got a little mill too or you gonna send them down the road?

Nice looking logs, nails? You guys got a little mill too or you gonna send them down the road?

My bro and I had a 21' Timberking hydraulic portable bandmill for a few years, sawed a bunch of stuff and sold it cause there was no money to be had. I can get this stuff sawed for myself cheaper than I could saw it myself. Guy down the road works cheap. I actually have a bunch of Black Walnut sitting there waiting to get done right now. I'll just add this to the pile.

I have a woodshop at my house and like to build stuff out of my own lumber.

My bro and I had a 21' Timberking hydraulic portable bandmill for a few years, sawed a bunch of stuff and sold it cause there was no money to be had. I can get this stuff sawed for myself cheaper than I could saw it myself. Guy down the road works cheap. I actually have a bunch of Black Walnut sitting there waiting to get done right now. I'll just add this to the pile.

I have a woodshop at my house and like to build stuff out of my own lumber.

Yeah, milling gets old for me too. My old man has a little one that he likes to play with so that's where we take all our logs. He'll never try and mill for profit, just keeps it a hobby and that works for him. I must say it is convenient to be able to get boards at any point without spending dough though. Here's some red pine we were milling for a landscaping job.

attachment.php

Oh. I guess that shows how little I know. I didn't realize that branches only drop out of trees in the PNW.

:monkey:

The difference here is you can see all the limbs and they aren't catching on nearby trees, tearing off above your head, really no danger after inspection.

Last edited:
Nice Post! The notch looked alittle chaindull maybe newbar! Nice to have room and big or some what big equipment. Ya that guy looked like he went to the school of hard notch!!

Ya you can have it!!

He did hit a nail putting the notch in. He notched with a 395/42" and put the backcut in with a 395/36". Oh well, got some good logs out of it, even if we did dull a chain.

sweel deal buddy.

And a good day to you, Dano. The Dingo would have liked that job. I just lopped most of the brush off into a windrow in the street and ate it up like Pac Man and into the dump truck. I think I only had three loads of brush including the rakings, no chipper on this one. The dump was only a few blocks away so it worked out real nice.

I tell ya, the biggest advantage to dropping a tree in the street is cleanup. Just drop the bucket and go.

Latest posts

Back