firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1025r is a fantastic tractor, mine is a 2015.
If it hasn't already been done, be sure to replace the air cleaner with the new design that mounts to the radiator support and not the metal bracket on the valve cover. Major design flaw and the valve covers are breaking and destroying the engines on 2015 - 2018 or thereabout 1025s.
Here is how I modified mine and removed the metal bracket from the valve cover.
View attachment 918770View attachment 918771View attachment 918772

And here's muh tractors... JD 1025r, 1050
Satoh Elk
JD 316

View attachment 918774View attachment 918777
View attachment 918778
Love your building very nice collection Thanks

New addition to the firewood tractor
IBsUf60l.jpg

I've been making these

Alright, I just bought a 4wd John Deere 750 compact tractor at an auction but come to find out it didn't have a front driveshaft assembly. Even without 4wd, I hope to put it to good use with a pair of bucket forks and some sort of rear carryall with ballast. I would like to eventually fix the 4wd so does anyone know of a salvage yard that I might get a whole assembly. The tractor is so old that the driveshaft and other components in the assembly are no longer available through Deere. I'm in PA but will pay for shipping from anywhere.

Alright, I just bought a 4wd John Deere 750 compact tractor at an auction but come to find out it didn't have a front driveshaft assembly. Even without 4wd, I hope to put it to good use with a pair of bucket forks and some sort of rear carryall with ballast. I would like to eventually fix the 4wd so does anyone know of a salvage yard that I might get a whole assembly. The tractor is so old that the driveshaft and other components in the assembly are no longer available through Deere. I'm in PA but will pay for shipping from anywhere.

That sucks to hear. I've had good luck on ebay for old parts. If I see a seller that seems to have a lot of parts for sale I've messaged them asking about the part I need, it's worked a few times. You'll need weight on the rear and tire chains at a minimum, loader tractors are helpless with 2wd and weight in the bucket. The worst part is on hills. I don't know your terrain, but going downhill in 2wd with a loaded bucket you have almost no brakes and it will get away from you in a hurry sometimes.

Got a bunch done the past few days. Borrowed my dad's tractor to drag logs out of the pile and get them close, then put it away because he's kind of particular and doesn't let me get dust on it. The next day cut the logs smaller so my little tractor can pick them up, carried them to the pile, cut them up, and threw the rounds on the pile. Next is the part I hate, splitting, hauling, and stacking. This pile is only about 1/3 mile from the house, so I haul it with the tractor and a small 4x8 trailer.

1637405555113.png

1637405618367.png

1637405672443.png

1637405871470.png

I started building a front end loader and backhoe and got the front subframe fabricated then the prostate cancer hit. My project has been sitting around 15+ years.

I do have a Willy’s Jeep tractor. I boxed the frame with 3/8” plate, triple boxed it in the rear for the mini steel rock dump body. Still in progress. It has locrites front and rear with 5:38:1 gears.

Attachments

• A1D6CCCA-FC58-4C27-A306-49131E54EEF0.jpeg
    A1D6CCCA-FC58-4C27-A306-49131E54EEF0.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 25
Here’s a before pic. Owned it for 25 years now best $400 I ever spent. Running with a 4 way plow. The plan is to add power steering, better brakes, swamp buggy tires.

Attachments

• 2A42106A-AC46-4739-9405-ACC9BE80F187.jpeg
    2A42106A-AC46-4739-9405-ACC9BE80F187.jpeg
    678.8 KB · Views: 31
I have three int154’s one with a 60” deck, one with the creeper with a 54” plow. The other is a loader, hoe project. All 2wd
I found out really the snowplow ain’t worth squat with out dual rear wheel weights, front wheel weights and ice chains.
My 4x4 Jeep tractor with locrites in the diffs 75 hp kicks butt in the snow

Without wheel weights and ice bar chains 2wd tractor is useless that’s my point. Freaking heavy wet deep snow follows me. Every house I owned the driveway gets slammed. My neighbors get inches I get feet.

0 weight on front. The log was freshly felled popple 10'6" I can't find my other pics wjere we would stack a ton of those smaller saw logs that are in the pics of the piles. Weight was maxed out on the 3pt hydraulics though any more then possible blown seals I'm thinking

Latest posts

Back