Blaze King thermostat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My one gripe about these stoves is the location of the indicator for the stat, especially for corner installs, and the orientation of the adjustment in reference to the indicator. A normal response to "it's getting cold in here" would be to say "turn the heat up". Well, it's backwards on the adjustment, turning the knob "up" lowers the heat and vise versa. I'm not sure why they did this when it's easily corrected.

This is what I did to avoid any confusion for people unfamiliar with the stove that may need to adjust it. I opened my stat fully, loosened the knob's set screw and rotated the knob 180 degrees and retightened the set screw. I got a new indicator sticker from BK and put it on the opposite side where it is factory located. Not only can you see it now with a corner install, but turning the knob "up" raises the heat and "down" lowers the heat. On top of that, I placed numbers so when asked "it's chilly in here, what do I do?", I can say turn it up to "4" etc.

Here's what it looks like now.

F2BE5517-67D2-4659-8997-342A986680B2.jpeg

Versus factory (Casey's pic below) which is ass backwards in my opinion. When these stoves are placed at a 45 degree, tucked in a corner, it's hard to see the indicator sticker, and like I said, rotating the knob up lowers the heat and vise versa. It just don't make sense to me when it could be how I did it simply by placing the sticker on the other side of the knob and setting the knob 180 degrees out. It would aid in visibility and eliminate confusion.

1602142809995.png

Mine is in a corner, I've had no issue.

It works like a volume or heater blower knob. Turn clockwise for more volume or blower speed.

Guys, this is just grinding along. As for the knob orientation, some say "turn it up" and other say "burn it hotter". It really is not an issue. When I turn on the water faucet to my garden hose, I say "turn it up" and my wife turns the knob to the right. (Clockwise). Who cares?

The point of this whole matter is, everyone has expressed their views on a whole mess of different issues. From my experience and it has proven it here as well, when things get into a loop and no forward progress is being made, 99% of the former contributors bail out and move on.

To me the matter is solved. Perhaps as with other sites a moderator would just close the thread when the original topic or concern has been addressed.

Now I would like to post another link to create diversion. I have begun to dig through my old vinyl.....

It's a beautiful day!

Mine is in a corner, I've had no issue.

It works like a volume or heater blower knob. Turn clockwise for more volume or blower speed.
And this still does, clockwise more heat, “turn the heat up” turn the knob up.

Plus now you can see the setting without shoving your head in the corner to see it.
5534F2EE-4983-49F8-B1ED-BE4B593CCA7F.jpeg

Guys, this is just grinding along. As for the knob orientation, some say "turn it up" and other say "burn it hotter". It really is not an issue. When I turn on the water faucet to my garden hose, I say "turn it up" and my wife turns the knob to the right. (Clockwise). Who cares?

The point of this whole matter is, everyone has expressed their views on a whole mess of different issues. From my experience and it has proven it here as well, when things get into a loop and no forward progress is being made, 99% of the former contributors bail out and move on.

To me the matter is solved. Perhaps as with other sites a moderator would just close the thread when the original topic or concern has been addressed.

Now I would like to post another link to create diversion. I have begun to dig through my old vinyl.....

It's a beautiful day!

Well said good sir;)

When I turn on the water faucet to my garden hose, I say "turn it up" and my wife turns the knob to the right. (Clockwise). Who cares?
That, my friend, would shut the water off. No wonder you fellas didn’t think about this sticker and knob placement. Or are you saying you purposefully did this for women? Lmao! ;)

Now explain why someone would need to shove their head in the corner to read where the stat is set instead of having the sticker on the forward side of the knob. This is discrimination against us corner installers I tell ya!

Good times!

It's a beautiful day!

Agreed. It was solved at the end of the first page.

Back