Blazeking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomtom85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I contacted the local dealer an got a price on the ashford 30 today, all black 3395.00. kinda pricey if you ask me.

Heard good things about the blaze kings I personally have a harman tl300 and Dad just got a tl200 for his garage this past yr. I’ve had my tl300 about 5 yrs so far stove has been great had to replace combustion chamber which is about 500 bucks but cheaper then any other heat source in my opinion. Good luck with whatever you choose I also bought my stove used paid 1700 instead of 3200

I want that stove but funds are telling me hell no. Never seen a Harman stove before.

I have a Princess, was around $2500 from what I remember. With the chimney and install was around $5k.

I bought a blaze king sirroco 30.1 here in manitoba;canada for 3200ish I believe last year. I have the least recommended chimney setup and the stove still works incredibly well.

Buy the blaze king. You'll only regret the price up until the moment you pay. After that you'll be glad you forked over for a good stove.

My buddy did the same... "it's just a metal box" and bought some "Blaze King killer" thing.

I've had to keep a fire going for 3-4 days here and there while he's been gone. That thing SUCKS. Firebox is about the same size, but lucky to get 5-6 hours on a load of wood. It's nearly a full time job just keeping it fed.
It's the typical 85* in the living room for an hr or two, and by hour 5 it's 60*

I'd have a cold house often if I had to use that thing!
My Blaze King, I load it in the AM, set and forget. Come home at night, fill it again, set and forget.

My only complaint about the blaze king is it burns for too long sometimes. Takes some planning to figure out cycles but once you have it dialed in its pretty predictable. Cat vs non cat btus are btus but non cat you can't slow the fire. The cat will make poplar burn like oak.

My only complaint about the blaze king is it burns for too long sometimes.

That would seem to be a good problem to have to work around.

My only complaint about the blaze king is it burns for too long sometimes.

That would seem to be a good problem to have to work around.

Except when you want to go to bed or need to go to work and want to reload the stove first but the coals from the wood you put in there 3 days ago are still too hot to go near the stove ;p

Except when you want to go to bed or need to go to work and want to reload the stove first but the coals from the wood you put in there 3 days ago are still too hot to go near the stove ;p

I still think I would rather have that situation to try to work around (say, by not putting in as much wood 3 days ago), than have to feed the stove every few hours. I had to stay up way too late & get up way too early to keep our old wood boiler going - I was a mess by the time winter was over.

Seems like everybody that has a Blaze King is happy with them. I think I could get to know and operate them in a short time, but just one thing I can't figure out. I see they have an ash pan, good thing, and a plug/ hole in the bottom for the ashes to fall through. Is the stove operated with this plug covering the hole and if so, how do you take the ashes out, maybe someone that has one can explain the ash removal process, I've looked at the operators manual and it's not clear if the stove has to be shut down or not. Thanks

Seems like everybody that has a Blaze King is happy with them. I think I could get to know and operate them in a short time, but just one thing I can't figure out. I see they have an ash pan, good thing, and a plug/ hole in the bottom for the ashes to fall through. Is the stove operated with this plug covering the hole and if so, how do you take the ashes out, maybe someone that has one can explain the ash removal process, I've looked at the operators manual and it's not clear if the stove has to be shut down or not. Thanks[/QUOTE . Hell with the plug, just use a small shovel

I was only joking when I said it'll last 3 days 30 hrs is doable though. But it all depends how much heat output you need. If you need alot and your running it on high 8+/- hrs is usually the norm for me. But when I'm gone to work 12-14 hr cycles works well to keep the house kozy.i also bought the ash pan before looking into how it works and am yet to use it I just move the coals to one side scoop what ashes I can than push to the other side and do the same. Hope this helps.

Seems like everybody that has a Blaze King is happy with them. I think I could get to know and operate them in a short time, but just one thing I can't figure out. I see they have an ash pan, good thing, and a plug/ hole in the bottom for the ashes to fall through. Is the stove operated with this plug covering the hole and if so, how do you take the ashes out, maybe someone that has one can explain the ash removal process, I've looked at the operators manual and it's not clear if the stove has to be shut down or not. Thanks

I just shovel it out 2 or 3 times a winter. The Princess easily holds 5 gallons of ash. It works better with the ash left in.

Latest posts

Back