Blue hairs and mumblers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some old geezer wanted to chat with you, wolfpiss? They must have been really desperate, considering how anti-social you are.

Ever figured out anything about managing a tree service yet?

Last edited:
Wolfee, pack up your disrespect and hit the road.
We know your an idiot, there`s no need to keep reminding us.

Wow; i was going to say something peaceful, disarming, try to bring fresh aire.................

Butt,

Duh,

Uhmmmmmmmmmmm,

i uhhh;

just realized my lack of education,

and re-fine-mint;

um, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I suppose that you are in a hurry to get back to CNN, but courteousy says to grant people a little time and a friendly ear if at all possible. Sometimes a lonely soul will even send you a bunch of business if they think you are a decent sort ( but don't bother trying to fake it!)

I have found the ederly to be great conversationalist and they have a lot of info about trees. Great for getting a handle on site history.

I know the feeling of wanting to get off a job and not chatting too long. I enjoy it though and feel it is my duty to be respectful. It make me feel better so maybe I am just selfish. I have found that the ederly may seem to have a lot of time but they also seem to understand that you are busy. Talk, be nice, and then politely break away to do another task. Grey hairs talk a lot and will talk a lot about you - make a good impression.

I do have 1 question - why do they drive so slow? They have a shorter time to be alive so you think they would be in a hurry.

Maybe Wolfy should buy a horse and live in the mountains FAR away from other people and this site.

"They" are being more careful, for they have learned how valuable safety is! Besides, it looks very difficult for them to see over there knuckles!!

Guess i thought i had to explain that, seeing as it is popular opinion that they have all moved down to Florida to drive Slow!

Hence the popular local bumper snicker: "When i get old, i'm going to move up north and drive slow"!!!

Wolf or Troll?

Those people are someone's folks remember. would you want your parents treated so poorly? You sure don't understand customer service. The elderly, for the most part, have the most disposable income than any other group of consumers. Being respectful pays off I;ve found. Besides, I've learned some interseting things from my clients by just spending time talking.

Tom

I'd Rather work for senoir citizens They Most seem to be easier to get along with plus i always give them a discount.

If they are old noe, they probably gre up during the depression and fought in WWII and/or Korea.

I was cahtting with an older gent the ohter day. He drove bombers out of Brittan, on of his stories was of coming back off his 63rd mission and having an engin out. Can't remember the bird he was in, but not a 17, which can land on one. Could have been a 26.

Up comes a P-51 Mustang from the escourt group.

51 "hey big brother, you got problems?"

Bomber "yeh, we lost an engine."

51 "hey, your better off then me, I don't have any!" Pops his canopy, does a 180 roll and bails out over the channel

I have had many elderly customers, I realized they would want to talk for a while, so my bids would reflect that extra time. Those clients that would regularly feed us, I just planned to have lunch brake on the property.

If I remember right, Wolfie is a buddy of Down to Earth. Kinda makes me feel sorry for DTE, if Wolfie is always this crotchety.

I won't call you names buddy, but I pray you don't become a lonely old codger with noone to talk to.

I truly enjoy working for older people (retired / semi-retired). I had a couple that I worked for a couple years ago, right before I went off to college. The guy used to be THE secretary for NSC. Couple days before I went off to college he handed me a check to my name for $1,000 for college spending money... in ADDITION to my monthly pay check. He would also always offer me something cold to drink, and it was nice to be able to sit down and talk with him, as well as listen to his old "war" stories which were rather interesting. Another elderly couple that I work for, I know that if I will be working for them on a given day NOT to bring lunch or drinks. The people came over from the old country (Italy :)) years ago and ALWAYS feed us authentic Italian food. I could go on for a while about working for elderly people. In short though, I really enjoy working for them. I think that people who do not enjoy working for customers like that are overdue for a head examination.

Matt, I echo that. I always get a box of cookies from Mrs. Schwartz! I would go to my Saturday class at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and walk down the street to my rig, parked at her house. She would bring out the cookies and offer me soda and a bathroom in the basement. Great people.

I love going to nursing homes just to talk to the people who have had such incredible lives - they always have something that they want to pass on to the youth of nation. If I integrate that lesson into my life, I feel it's my duty to turn around and impact someone else's life for the better.

Unlike Wolf.

Nickrosis

Old trees like old people are our living connection with the past. Go see them both, and discover something about yourself; discover something about our history. It’s better than reading about it.

Nate

i've had days of werking for some better to do folx trying to squeeze me for everything they can, accidentally leave right at pay time (after being rather omnipresent all day).

Go to some struggling elderly's house, kind words, drinx, cookies, trust ya to be a pro and treat'em write; shake as they offer ya 5 or 10 dollars tip etc., saying they wish it could be more.

Latest posts

Back