blue ox loaders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkottemann

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any info on the ox loaders. I am thinking of down sizing from a truck loader to one of those ox loaders with sides and a dump. I talked with the company today and will be getting all the info they have, but I would like some first hand info from some one who has actually used one. Good or bad lets have it.

the trailer with grapple loader right? I looked into them before too. From what I remeber about $20,000. Was thinking about it. However, the reason I want a grapple is to pick up big trunks averaging 5ft - 10ft in diameter and 8ft - 12ft sections. The strength of the grapple loaders on trailers will not grab that heavy. I believe they are only rated at under 2,000 lbs extended

It is a great idea. Who needs another truck when you have a fleet? They just need to make a stronger setup, near the strength of a grapple truck, and Id buy one.

Ok, since you said you love your old Lightning Loader I won't pick on you for wanting one of those little things. I can sympathise with high insurance. See if you can't get a demo of one of those things first before you buy and make sure it isn't too light duty (especially if your dealing with a lot of oak since it's usually so big around and heavy).

Latest posts

Back