Bogus STIHL website?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermio

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I came across a website labeled www.stihlms.com. As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with Stihl. It has a lot of misinformation in it. For example, in a review of the Stihl MS661, it listed it as having 3 different power outputs in the same article! It said in one place it is easy to start and in another that it is hard to start. It said it was useful for small trees in one place and large in another. It said the MS500i was a light duty homeowner's saw. In an article about the MS500i, it referred to that product variously as a lawn mower, a hedge trimmer, and finally, a chainsaw. It described adjusting the carburetor. (The MS500i does not have a carburetor.) It referred to a liquid cooling system and a pressure gauge. Hase anyone else seen this garbage?

"This blog article is a review of the Stihl 661 C-M Magum Chainsaw, an electric product powered by a corded chain saw."

First sentence of their 661 article. Lmao.

"This blog article is a review of the Stihl 661 C-M Magum Chainsaw, an electric product powered by a corded chain saw."

First sentence of their 661 article. Lmao.
I reported this site to Stihl, as this nonsense could damage Stihl's reputation if consumers actually think it is a real Stihl website. No response from Stihl. BTW, I hope you read the full article. There is a lot more nonsense than just the first line.

Latest posts

Back