Stihl Carburetor Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trh6152

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got an older Stihl HS 45 hedge trimmer from an estate sale this past summer. Cleaned it up and got it started, but it doesn't stay running... I'm suspecting internal carburetor damage.

Where can I get a replacement carb? OEM Stihl parts seem hard to find without going through a dealer, and I'd like to avoid their markup. Pic of the label attached

Attachments

• Stihl HS45 Hedge Trimmer.jpg
    Stihl HS45 Hedge Trimmer.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
I picked up a non-running HS45 with a 24" bar last spring for $30. Swapped out the carb with a cheap Chinese eBay one and it runs like new. Used it extensively all spring and summer without any issues.

162858319268 ebay item number. Just put one on FS 45 two pulls and it ran,$12.45. you probably have one by now, oh well

Got an older Stihl HS 45 hedge trimmer from an estate sale this past summer. Cleaned it up and got it started, but it doesn't stay running... I'm suspecting internal carburetor damage.

Where can I get a replacement carb? OEM Stihl parts seem hard to find without going through a dealer, and I'd like to avoid their markup. Pic of the label attached
I have had great luck with the cheap Chinese carburetors off Amazon. For $15. worth any hassles you might have. Read the reviews carefully first. GL

Latest posts

Back