Boom Lift for some minor tree work.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run into people like you ocasionally (do it yourselfer) and I respect that you are thinking of trying this. Try calling a few tree guys for a free estimate while you are calling all of these rental places you keep talking about. If you are going to rent and pusrchase all the equipment to do this project I would bet it will be close to what I or any respectable tree service would charge.
The best example I can give is a couple of years ago a guy had a large hackberry tree leaning over his house.I priced to take it down with no clean up for $350.00 (he wanted the wood) I saw the po two or three months later and asked him if he had cut the tree and his first words were "yes and I should have paid you to do it" Long story short he rented a lift and dropped limb through his roof. Rental expence plus patching his roof = lmao
Your cutting over a driveway.. if it is paved or concreete you better cut in small pieces and make them land flat or you will have a busted driveway.
People keep telling you to price it out for a reason.It just seems like a job that can be done just as cheap by letting someone do it that does it every day.
Good luck if you try it and if you goof up post pictures so us "pros" can use you as an example...we like learning from the amatures:popcorn:

ill be fine. Its nothing to tecnical. Ill use my head and go at a steady pace.
Thanks for the usefull comments.

I'm sure if you use your head, take small pieces and take your time you will do fine. If you get a chance post some pictures.
If there is a bit of money in the budget I know a few pros from the site that could do the work for a fair price.

Wow, some of us could use a lesson in tact, and reading comprehension.

Here's what I did, easily and successfully, call it whatever you want, I'm not a "pro", just a guy with a brain, and the stuff to do it available. Trees were my neighbors, between our houses. He was on the brink of foreclosure, so I knew he didn't have any $ to get them trimmed, and we were both worried abou them breaking and falling on one of our houses or cars. We maxed out the forklift, maybe 40' and started from the top down, small pieces, between houses, carport, air conditioner. Pieces too big for me to hold I tied off and lowered with rope.

Trees003.jpg

Back