Boom not working on hi ranger xt60

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thearboristguy

Reaction score
Recently the lower controls that operate my bucket truck had a leak between the bottom 2 sections. I used it for a few more days intel the boom stopped working all together. The outriggers still work just as they should, so I got the o rings and what not replaced in the bottom controls ( yes I’m 100% positive I put the hoses back to there proper spot) and still no boom action at the bottom controls nor the bucket controls. Out riggers still work. There is a safety switch withn the outriggers that only allow the boom to function if the riggers and deployed out enough. I’m starting to think there stuck in a position where there not telling the computer that there deployed ??? Oil levels are up to par, filters are new, the hydraulic oil is flowing threw the boom and I know they are cause I’ve cracked all the lines from lower controls all the way to upper controls. Fluid was flowing threw every line. Also when moving the levers you can here the oil flowing but it’s not building the pressure it needs to rev my truck up, I hope this helps others to possibly give me a answer on we’re to start !! Thanks guys

Recently the lower controls that operate my bucket truck had a leak between the bottom 2 sections. I used it for a few more days intel the boom stopped working all together. The outriggers still work just as they should, so I got the o rings and what not replaced in the bottom controls ( yes I’m 100% positive I put the hoses back to there proper spot) and still no boom action at the bottom controls nor the bucket controls. Out riggers still work. There is a safety switch withn the outriggers that only allow the boom to function if the riggers and deployed out enough. I’m starting to think there stuck in a position where there not telling the computer that there deployed ??? Oil levels are up to par, filters are new, the hydraulic oil is flowing threw the boom and I know they are cause I’ve cracked all the lines from lower controls all the way to upper controls. Fluid was flowing threw every line. Also when moving the levers you can here the oil flowing but it’s not building the pressure it needs to rev my truck up, I hope this helps others to possibly give me a answer on we’re to start !! Thanks guys
Should be a safety valve on both the out riggers, and the boom cylinders that needs pressure to release, these are purely hydraulic and are intended to prevent things falling when there is a failure elsewhere in the system, bleeding them might be the fix. Should be one at every cylinder that controls lift.
Typically they are on the push side of the cylinder, with a connector hose to the pull side, which provides the mechanical switching allowing fluid to move.
Fairly common on cranes, man lifts, fork lifts, etc etc etc
bout a year ago I lost the PTO on my self loader, with the outriggers down, I was able to put the loader away before it shut down completely but the stupid safety on the outrigger made it impossible to lift the outrigger and drive it home to fix... 6 hours of laying in saw dust, oil, trucker piss and rain... I got it back together again. did I mention I have long hair? Ever mop a dirty shop floor and then ring out the mop?... yeah ******* gross yo.

Would you by chance be able to find a picture of what your talking about? As in what the safety valves look like on a Terex boom? Here’s the diagram and the year model etc etc etc of my boom. Any help would be helpful! Thank you to the 2 fellows who replied btw!

Attachments

• C6CA80CC-ED02-4CC6-A19C-AF10EA272075.jpeg
    C6CA80CC-ED02-4CC6-A19C-AF10EA272075.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 2ED44278-2580-49E9-AC9F-ED054F296EC0.jpeg
    2ED44278-2580-49E9-AC9F-ED054F296EC0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
1667172772772.png

most of em will look something like this, though there are several different types. in general though, they will all be mounted directly to the cylinder, to minimize hose or piping between where they need to be working, if not mounted as close as possible.

Okay I’m guessing the hex key bolt is what needs to be loosened to release pressure?
that should just adjust the relief pressure. best not to mess with that part.
should be able to crack a hose, let it run out a bit, then retighten, do that on a couple different sides until is starts working on its own
But under no circumstances ever do so while its under pressure, 3000psi is no joke.

Latest posts

Back